Sunday, February 5, 2023

Surprise on the design wall.............


Surprise! I started another new quilt.  The back story:  I have been cleaning off a table to prepare for basting and the cut pieces for the Snail's Trail blocks were one of the things on that table.  I cut them about 2 weeks ago and rather than shuffling the pieces to another location to work on at a later date, I pieced the 12" blocks.  The fabric is Wishwell Weather Report and I made a top last year with the same fabric. That one is in limbo while I decide if I want to make it larger with more blocks of add a border of random length rectangles or just finish it with a facing like I was considering last April.

I also located more pink fabric for hearts and I need to iron it today so I can cut the rest of the blocks.


Here is a close up of the fabric.  I have enough of it to cut more blocks so that will be on my list for this week.












I got the house print backing loaded on the long arm and placed the batting on it.  I just laid the top with it and hopefully I will be inspired to quilt it soon.

9 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh the snail's Trail blocks in those fabrics are just so lovely and lace-y looking!!
Up to 35 this morning--almost feels balmy--so relative, huh?
And the sun is shining--how nice for a noontime walk...
Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that fabric you are using for the snails trail

Vicki W said...

The Wishing Well weather fabrics are fantastic.

JJM said...

I always enjoy your surprises, perfect fabric for Snails Trails . And I do remember the fabric from last year and had to take another peak. It has a frosty elegance to it. Like our Montana skies this winter.

Hearts galore and ever so filled with pretty pinks.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

I plan to make a Snail's Trail quilt very soon and love your fabrics. Also a Storm at Sea.

You're an inspiration!

Hugs!

Needled Mom said...

Wow! Love that Snails Trail. Those blocks are so pretty and so are the hearts.

Mystic Quilter said...

I seem to have missed the post you've given the link for but now visited, I haven't seen any of this fabric here in NZ but it has given an ethereal look to the quilt, be interesting to see the effect with a finished Snail Trail top.

Kristin said...

I missed this post from the other day. I love the hearts quilt, and I love, love, love those Wishwell Weather Report This is going to be a great quilt!

Marie said...

Sweet hearts (pardon the pun!).