Thursday, February 16, 2023

Stash additions...........


The new Kaffe Collective for February 23 didn't inspire me too much so I didn't order any until last week.  The scale was larger on most of the prints than I anticipated.  The yellow on the bottom left has more orange in it than shows in this photo and it is prettier than its photo on the internet.  The turquoise above it was more intense in the internet photos but I like it in real life better.


I usually buy the 5" stacks so I can see what all of the prints and colors look like so I will know if there is anything else I might want.  This pack was called Lighter.





And this stack was called Darker.  I will most likely end up cutting these up into triangles with my die cutter.  These stacks don't include all of the prints but they have most of the new line.

 

10 comments:

Julierose said...

Good morning;)) I am returning to normalacy bit by bit!! ;)))
I wonder why KF prints are so much bigger in scale these days--I think that makes them more difficult to use and/or mix in with other lines?
55.7 degrees--can you believe it? And sunny..one more day and I can go out masked...hugs, from afar Julierose

patty a. said...

The ones I like the best are the second one down on the right in the first picture - the gray with turquoise leaves, and the one at the bottom right - the gray and black circles. His fabrics are always so interesting and you do a great job making them your own.

Mary said...

You have some very pretty ones here. I find Kaffe fabrics somewhat intimidating, but I love looking at them.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The choices with Kaffe are overwhelming. I wish I could just get a basic kit of florals and a few others.

Nann said...

Those are a huge scale. (I looked 'em up on Quilters' Lodge which helpfully includes a ruler.) Good luck finding the best way to use them.
P.S. I may be jinxing myself but no snow yet!

JJM said...

Great shopping Wanda, such a beautiful array of fabrics.

JJM

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Great additions! I've got my eye on the Kaffe shiraz ones, they've got heaps of potential I think!

Connie said...

Oh, I love my stash!
Today my quilt group is getting together and I've decided to try a game. Have you ever played Left, Right, Center . . . well we are playing it with charms (5x5) cut from my scrap bin :) Should be fun :)

Agile Jack said...

Interesting to see your take on this collection. I was also a little unenthusiastic about it.

the beaded curtain in various colors is one that sort of piqued my interest. I'm glad to see your photos of the turquoise and yellow because they look soooo different from the photos I've seen. I LOVE that turquoise one!

I'm still not sure about that leafy pattern on the right. I'm going to have to see it in person.

Anne

Quiltdivajulie said...

The 5" stackers are a good idea - seeing the fabrics in real life makes a big difference over photos online (no matter how good they are). I have the turquoise and yellow orange tonal prints and LOVE both of them. I also bought some of the Fish Lips - the blue/purple on black is dynamic and the pink/green is just plain fun.