Monday, February 20, 2023

Layouts confirmed...........


This Snail's Trail ended up with a scrappy multicolor look.  I put up all of the blocks and only changed 3 of them before taking down the rows and clipping them for sewing today or tomorrow.




I didn't take a final photo of the heart quilt and just took it down column by column as I was ready to add them for webbing the top.  I have all of the seams sewn in one direction and 2 seams sewn the other direction.  9 more seams to sew.


If you read my post yesterday I mentioned making another scrappy batik Bear Paw quilt.  I have a head start already cut and in labeled boxes.





In the quilt I gifted shown yesterday the 4 larger squares in a block are the same.  This is the contents of the 2 boxes so there is more than enough variety to make a quilt with 20 blocks.  I like having a jump start into a new project.  I think I may have some triangle squares sewn too.  I'll look for them today.

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the snails trail quilt!

Gene Black said...

The Snail's Trail is delightful in the scrappy multicolor layout.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is the layout I was going to use on the Snails Trail before I changed to adding blocks of another pattern to it. I love that fabric you are using for it.

patty a. said...

I was showing my friend that came over on Saturday pictures of the snail trail blocks because I was showing her the fabric I have bought so far that is in those blocks. She asked me how big the blocks are and I said I have no idea. The layout looks really good! The pink quilt is so pretty. Sounds like it will be a completed top in the next day or two.

Julierose said...

I love how that snail's Trail fabric makes it look so vintage;)))
Hearts looks so lovely--
46 here and cloudy with misty rains...maybe going for a short car ride today
to get us out a bit --if we can stay awake long enough!! What a slog...
hugs, Julierose

helenreimers said...

My oldest son wants a bears paw. Thanks for the inspiration.

JJM said...

Two lovely quilts, Snails Trail is ‘light and airy’ with a frosty glow. So very pretty … and your hearts have such a fun, happy warmth to it, again both just so I lovely.

JJM

Chantal said...

Wonderful Snail Trail! Love how the fabric makes it look "used" already. When I cut fabric for a new project I have to make a few blocks otherwise, it bites me in the middle of the night. Lol. ;^)

Mystic Quilter said...

I like the multicolour Snail's Trail very much, love the mix of pinks you have in the heart quilt!