Friday, November 13, 2020

Small progress................


Two more blocks were sewn yesterday.  The big squares aren't as dark as they look in the photos.  Once again the camera wants to be boss.














Block 7 is pieces laid out on my small flannel board.  I thought maybe I wouldn't have 16 different triangle squares but I did.  I need to cut another batch of triangles for variety for the next blocks.
I found more strips in the 1.5" batik strips box for sashing so I might only have to cut a couple more.  Now I need to dig through the 1.5" batik squares that are already cut that I can use for the cornerstones.
 

10 comments:

Julierose said...

This is coming together so well.. just beautiful Bear's Paw block colors...hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

The light strips add so much to the block. The coloration of the background is like sunlight coming through the blinds, brighting things, but playing off the dark fabrics.

patty a. said...

The blocks are looking good! It is always fun to dig in bins. You never know what you might find. Have a great weekend!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Like I said, I really really like the scrappy sashing strips. They add to the scrappy HSTs and make the whole block sing.

JJM said...

I too enjoy seeing your new bear paw blocks, each one has a glorious personality of its own. I'd never guess this was a 'scrappy' fabric quilt top. Of course you have supreme scraps to say the least.

JJM

JJM said...

Wanda ~ I am so upset with Google and all the "hoops you have to jump through" that they demand to just send you a comment. I can no longer use my iPad at all, because it is too old to communicate with Google. Now this morning on my desk top I had to send a verification to Google receive a pass code to continue to post a comment. Is anyone else still having issues with Google ?

JJM

The Joyful Quilter said...

I am loving this Sparkle Toed Bear Quilt!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Totally loving this quilt.

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

Meloney said...

I love your blocks!
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I hope you celebrate all month long.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
Thank you for sharing so much of your expertise and your life with others!