Sunday, November 1, 2020

October 2020 recap............

I was trying for 4 quilt tops finished in October but just couldn't decide if I'm adding a border to the African colorwash so it will wait until November's recap.  The colorwashes are both batik, one is 40" square and the other is 12" square.  I finished sewing the plaid zig zag and it did end up 72" x 90" as predicted.


While it is up on the design wall I will start pulling all of the threads that are caught in seams out of it.  The yarn dyed wovens do ravel a lot.




I'm not sure if this plant bloomed at all last year but this year it is very showy.









My older pink and white plants have all died so I'm glad I bought this one about 3 years ago.









I thought this photo was interesting with all of the sun spots on my lens.  We had a lot of bright sunshine but lots of wind too yesterday.
 

5 comments:

Julierose said...

The plaid fits so well in that zig zag pattern!
Your cactus has pretty shades of color...
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like that plaid zigzag it seems so suited to the pattern.

Nann said...

Gasp! The plaid zigzag design is just terrific!

Needled Mom said...

You’ve had a productive month sewing as well as yard work. I noticed that my cacti are starting to form buds too. It won’t be long.

patty a. said...

You did good for the month! After all you had your web workshop too! Love the zig zag quilt.