Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Scrappy sashing?..............


 Since this is a scrappy quilt why not use scrappy sashing, especially when I have a big box of 1.5" batik strips cut over 10 years ago.  I can get 3 sashing pieces from each full width strip so there is enough for 15 strips in the photo.  I will go to yardage to cut more when I exhaust the supply of light strips that I think are appropriate.  I think I will need 58 pieces plus I will need to choose a fabric for cornerstones.


On my way to the mailbox I noticed my scrawny bush had turned the most beautiful colors.









I just love the variety of colors on it right now.  It looks nice next to my crab orchard stone exterior too.


9 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Beautiful leaf color, Wanda! We've got the full range of fall colors in our yard right now, too.

Debbie said...

I think your scrappy idea is just perfect to set off these blocks. Your fall color is beautiful.

patty a. said...

That sashing will look so good! It gives a little space for each block to shine! I noticed that the red of leaves seems to be more brilliant this year. There are several trees in my neighborhood that are glowing red!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the scrappy bear paws with think sashing. All those values of colors are wonderfully sparkly.

MissPat said...

Assuming the HSTs were pressed to the dark side, using thin sashing solves the problems of trying to nest the seams. A bit more work perhaps, but less frustrating. Our leaves are pretty much all down except for the lilacs and forsythia. Last day of warm temps, so there's lots to do.
Pat

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love the scrappy sashing strips!

Anonymous said...

I’m a big fan of scrappiness! Absolutely! Do the scrappy border. Love these 4 blocks!

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

Connie said...

I wish you lived close to me, I would love to see if any of your talent could be contagious. That; I wouldn't mind catching, LOL !

Needled Mom said...

The scrappy sashing looks so pretty. Love the colors on your bush.