Sunday, November 8, 2020

Bear Paw.........


One of the labeled boxes I showed a couple days ago had 4.5" squares in sets of 4 alike.  I know I cut most of them in 2008 because I made the quilt shown below that year and lots of the fabrics in the box are in that quilt.

I started thinking about what block I could use them in and remembered my Bear Paw die.  I already had a stack of the triangle blocks sewn so all I had to cut was the long light rectangle and the 4 corner squares.  I have plenty of dark small squares already cut to use in the centers.  I decided to sew one last night and see if I want to proceed with this idea.  I really like making this block so I think I will go ahead and cut some more of the light fabric pieces.
Quilt made in 2008 using some of same fabrics that are in the box of squares.

6 comments:

Julierose said...

That Bear's Paw is just delightful...such pretty fabric pairings...
hugs, Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

I love that Double 4-Patch quilt, Wanda, so I'm sure this Bear Paw quilt is going to be gorgeous, too!!

Carissa said...

Both of these are lovely. I love batiks however I've been somewhat hesitant to jump in and make a quilt with them. These are an inspiration for sure! Thank you!

MissPat said...

I really like the double 4 patch. So many ideas, not enough time.
Window washing today.
Pat

The Inside Stori said...

You sure have the start of something great!!

Mystic Quilter said...

It's a long time since I made a Bear Paw quilt and no longer have it sadly, so it's so good to see this batik block of yours, waiting for more blocks now Wanda!!