Thursday, November 19, 2020

11 blocks............


 I did lots of cutting yesterday morning, more than I need for this quilt.  I can't believe I got 2 pieces of the same fabric next to each other on this block. It is going to stay and won't be noticed when all of the blocks are together in the quilt.




This is block number 11.  I have to decide how big this quilt is going to be.  We all know we can go on and on and make lots of blocks and make big quilts but really what I need right now are throw size, for the recliner, or over the arm of the couch for decoration, or for a comfort quilt.  I'm thinking 12 blocks might be enough and put a 4" border around it for a nice throw size.  The blocks are 14" finished.


All of the blocks so far on the design wall.

14 comments:

Marjorie said...

Love these blocks. Rich colors and scrappy background make them sing.

Julierose said...

These are just beautiful, Wanda;)))you are really moving along on making them...
Hugs from afar Julierose

Gene Black said...

The smaller sizes can be nice. I made one - using up some pieces that I quilted in a FMQ class. It is an "odd" size but it makes a perfect bed runner that keeps my feet a little warmer on the colder nights.

Vicki W said...

Such pretty blocks! For some reason the palette reminds me of photos of ancient buildings, weathered and cracked.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love the idea of this as a throw for the recliner or over the arm of a chair -- that's the size we use the most often. The larger ones are sometimes just too big unless they're on a bed or used for someone laying down.

Nann said...

I try not to let two-fabrics-touching bother me....you're right: if you don't point them out you are the only one who will notice. (Although if someone does you can say you did it deliberately, and thank the viewer for her/his attention to detail. :) )

The Inside Stori said...

Your color skill is so evident as I view these blocks.

sue s said...

Such rich colors! The thing about batiks is it's hard to tell when the blocks are the same. Lookin' good!

patty a. said...

I had to look and look to figure out where the two like pieces were next to each other! So once the top is put together nobody but you will know. That is going to make a beautiful lap sized quilt!

Florida Farm Girl said...

These are gorgeous blocks. Just more inspiration for another quilt down the line for me. Now to find the wherewithal to follow through with all this inspiration I'm finding! Stay safe.

Mary said...

I just found your blog in Bloglovin' my blog reader. I love your colorful Bear's Paw blocks!

cityquilter grace said...

those are soo very pretty....

Anonymous said...

So pretty! Are these 12 inch blocks?

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

Elsie Montgomery said...

Lovely as usual! You always make me want to get at my stash!