Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Lining up pieces and parts.............

I mowed the front yard yesterday morning for the last trim of the year and to chop a few more leaves.

Then late afternoon we had a tornado warning that came blasting out of my cellphone.  It was dark by the time it all blew past so I don't know if there was any wind damage around me.  We got a little over an inch of rain.

Last night I sorted all of the rest of the rectangles and light squares that were already cut and I have enough for 5 Bear Paw blocks.  Then I cut triangles and sewed until I ran out of light ones.  I have enough sewn for 2 blocks (16 per block).


I planted a little piece of cactus in this tiny pot a few years ago and it has bloomed now 3 years in a row.  It is a piece that broke off of my favorite pink cactus.






Here is a bloom on the mother plant.






 

4 comments:

Julierose said...

That cactus is such a lovely color...mine have not bloomed or even set bud yet...maybe 2020 has gotten to them, too ;000
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

late in the year for a tornado warning in your area wasn't it? hope you had no damage - cold front came through here yesterday with just a little rain but big drop in temperatures, windows are shut and heat is turned back on woke up to 40 degrees this morning and yesterday it was 77 for a high

patty a. said...

It is funny how mowing is now normal for November in our areas. The clash of that cold front and the warm front must have triggered the warning. I had rain last night, but not too windy.

It is nice just to sit and sew up pieces and parts you already had cut. Will you have to be cutting more to make more blocks? With the four you already have done and the five you have pieces for, that doesn't seem to be enough for a quilt top.

The cactus is so pretty!

JJM said...

re: Bear Paw... your scrappy sashing pieces are always way beyond any of us out here in computer land. Your Bear Paw themselves have a wonderful deep rich finish to them. And your light sashing shows them off perfectly.

Your christmas cactus blossoms are always a treat to see... Like dancing ballerina's floating around its plant.

JJM