Sunday, September 6, 2020

The other pack of 5" squares.............


 Most of the pieces in this pack were blues and greens.  There are a lot of pretty ones.





Here is the whole batch before I picked them up.  They don't have the pinked edges so common in the 5" squares and were wrapped in plastic so they wouldn't ravel.  I don't use them as 5" squares in a project, I cut the shape I need out of them just like I would do from any scrap or small piece of fabric in my stash.

I hand stitched 3 more points on my binding I showed a few days ago, 6 more points to go.

A couple family members had birthdays last week so I made them new masks.  I have had the Sam fabric for years and wanted to make something for Samantha from it so now she has a personalized mask.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

I do like the blues/greens pack a lot..very pretty prints in those..
I hope to do another 2 CS blocks today--I cut out the rest of my muslin bases yesterday...dug deep in the stash for more light strips...
Hugs, julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

What fun you are going to have with those lovely new squares!!

PymaGirl said...

Lovely squares. I like the non pinked edges.,,better accuracy. Where did you get you adjustable thngs on your mask elastic?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love all those prints. I need to make more masks one day - we have been using ours over and over in between washing not that we are out that much, but I told Melanie I would make some Halloween for her for October so probably need to get busy on them

Lesley Gilbert said...

Love all the colours in your new squares but the blues are my favourite of course. We had some rain yesterday and I thought of you :)

O'Quilts said...

The sam fabric is awesome...so perfect....and fabric squares...ah, our beloved fabric xo

Quiltdivajulie said...

We have masks from the Sam fabric - get lots of comments on them - and our names aren't even Sam (what fun THAT will be).