Friday, September 25, 2020

Fall is here...........


 When my live broadcast was done yesterday afternoon I walked out to the living room and looked out the window to this glorious sight.  It seems like the trees just start changing suddenly.  This tree wasn't this pretty last year.






I decided to take pictures of all of the pretty blooms in my yard.  These 3 were dug out of my front garden last year when I tried do irradicate the invasive ground covers.  They wintered over just fine in the pots and will stay this way until next year.

I never know what color the asters will be because they keep re-seeding and I had 2 colors originally.  They keep coming up in different places.





These were next to the other color asters.  They aren't as dark of a purple as previous years.









I have Sedum planted in 3 places and 2 in pots.







This is 2 kinds of Sedum planted next to each other and I see I missed a Goldenrod when I was pulling it out early in the summer.


And that concludes my little garden walk late afternoon yesterday.

10 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I am sure the class went great. Love the changing tree. I do see a few red and orange peeks around here. I always bring in the pot of Rosemary and try with the fancy leaf geranioums.

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

I know that plants base their cycles on the sun, but it sure seems like fall is earlier this year. I am seeing some trends on the trees too. Nothing quite as dramatic as the Maple across the street from you yet... but I am seeing more leaf drop from some trees... than I would like! I think I will work in the yard today. I am letting the mulch bark go and putting down some new ground cloth... hopefully we'll find some river rock... to go on top... Mulch just harbors too many weed seeds.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

all the plants and trees look so nice - we are usually not home in September and according the weather man it was hot here last year so I will take his word at it. I know it was cold just about 10 days after we were on the road when we headed north.

Julierose said...

Lovely colors happening at your place--We only have a few little maples turning their swamp maple reds...
and a few ashes in yellow so far...
Pretty asters--love those colors
hugs for a lovely weekend Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

There is one tree across a couple of back yards and a cul-de-sac that is beginning to show tinges of color. It will never reach the saturation of your trees but it is usually about the best one in our neighborhood. Hence the quilt top I'm making - to remind me of the vivid colors in Michigan and Pennsylvania where we both grew up.

Needled Mom said...

The fall colors are just beautiful.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

thank you! I love seeing your fall color, and your flowers are so pretty.......

O'Quilts said...

I loved the garden walk...peaceful and pretty

Mystic Quilter said...

I envy you the Fall colours, we have a lot of evergreen trees here and not many deciduous ones.

The Inside Stori said...

This is just a stunning time of the year……our trees here in Western NC mountains are still green……but I do see some trying to make the change. I’m sure the color palette outside your windows is a great inspiration for you.