Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Cutting day..........


 I spent most of the day yesterday with my die cutter.  We had rain headed for us but it went east faster than it was going north so we got a whopping one tenth of an inch of rain.  Areas a little south and east got most of the rain.  My lawn mower isn't getting much use this year.  I need to go out and spray the weeds in the lawn since they are so easy to see.  The grass is brown and the weeds stand out in their greenery.


The new Kaffe Collective fabrics have finally been shipped.  I had to have a little fabric therapy.  I wish the watermelon print was in a much smaller scale.

6 comments:

Dorothy said...

Even though I live in the PNW, my "lawn" looks like yours--brown with the green weeds poking through. Come fall/winter though our lawns will be the greenest in the country. No freeze here :-)

Julierose said...

Oh i saw that watermelon one online and almost got it--, I find that bigger prints once they are cut into smaller sizes do give interesting pieces....
I am still Courthouse-stepping hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

Those are some fun fabrics! How can you go wrong with purple and red watermelons! We got some more rain last night and are getting a bit today. Any is a good thing! Too bad the rain continues to miss you.

JustGail said...

I'd be happy if we got as much rain - all we got was a dampening of the cement. I guess I shouldn't complain though, we kept getting rain later in the summer when other areas did not. Mmmm I like those fabrics you got, although I'm not sure what I'd do with the octopus fabric, but I'm sure you will make something awesome with it.

Linda Swanekamp said...

It actually rained here this morning for half an hour. It has been really dry. Lovely fabric.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Oooh - love your scraps - and your new fabric - that's always good therapy - ;))