Tuesday, September 1, 2020

August 2020 monthly recap..............


 I made 4 quilt tops in August.  That officially puts me in the red, more tops made than quilts finished so far this year.  I will have to remedy that when the weather cools off.

I forgot about the baby quilt top and thought I had only made 3 tops. 

The zig zag baby quilt top is 36" x 48" and is all Marcia Derse fabrics, the batik Hunter Star fish quilt top is 51" x 68", the bow tie is all Kaffe collective fabrics and is 63" x 76" and the Churn Dash is all Kaffe collective fabrics and is 65" x 83".


I don't know why I thought I could finish the binding on the quilt I showed yesterday.  To do it properly the inside corners have to be mitered too and it is a real pain.  When I started the binding 12 years ago I wasn't doing them properly and I decided I needed to do them right on the rest of the quilt.  I even thought about going back and poking them into a miter and tacking them down with 3 stitches.  I don't know if I will or not at this point.  I sewed the remainder of the binding on by machine yesterday and hand stitched the rest of one side which was 11 points.  There are 9 points left to do on another side.  It will be a finish for September.

Yesterday was my middle great-grandchild's 4th birthday and my Pacemaker's 3rd birthday.

10 comments:

Lesley Gilbert said...

Happy Birthday Pacemaker - keep on working so the heart can keep ticking :)

Sylvia Anderson said...

Happy Birthday pacemaker, and I hope there are many more to follow, so you can keep on pumping out all the beautiful quilts that make you, and all of us who love your blog, very happy indeed. Hugs

Linda Swanekamp said...

Has it been three years already? Amazing finishes, so much color and fun. Yes, when the weather cools off, quilting can commence.

Marnie Haines said...

Oh, prolific one! Happy birthday to your pacemaker. And kudos for all of your finishes, tops or quilts.

patty a. said...

Those are four fabulous tops! Maybe 12 years ago you just couldn't take stitching any more corners so you set that quilt aside. Maybe just do a little each day and then by the end of the month it will be done.

Julierose said...

All beautiful tops--my favorite is the zig zag quilt--I love zig zags...;)) nice month's work...hugs, Julierose

hetty said...

All the tops are beautiful. Great job!
There will be lots of time to quilt them once the weather cools down.

JJM said...

Your August was so hot and yet you were able to complete 4 grand tops ! And already tackling the binding on all those points and V's on your 12 year old treasure.

So happy we have cardiologist that can save our lives now . And especially happy you have had the surgery and your pacemaker keeps you moving like none other. Your talent and sharing with us for another 3 years is your gift to us from you. May your pace maker keep on ticking forever.

JJM

Kerry said...

Double birthday wishes! Was it 3 years ago already!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Happy Birthday to Wanda's pacemaker - priceless in so many ways. And congrats on the finished tops - who cares if we are in the red or the black on tops v quilts. Having fun and enjoying the process is what keeps us going. (HUGS to you my friend)