Sunday, June 28, 2009

Update on nature and students' work..........
I planted a couple zinnias in this little round flower bed. The coneflowers are getting ready to bloom too. I had white ones in this bed but some have reverted back to pink.
There were just 2 in the class yesterday but several from the Tuesday class stopped by to see how they were doing. Here is the top ready for borders that one student made.
This second one is more of a denim blue. They made good progress today and I am proud of them.
The second day of a garage sale is usually slow so I am glad I only needed to be open for 2 hours. A lot of stuff left the garage even though a few of the things were free things. Getting rid of the stuff is the main goal. If I got paid for some of it that was a bonus. Today I'll sort through what is left and figure out what gets donated where and what I can just pitch. I got enough tables down to get my van in the garage before it started raining last night.

13 comments:

Jean said...

Those are gorgeous..I was going to do mine with just 3 colors, but am rethinking it as I see these. I think the main thing is to get that alternate circular design, and both of these did it well.

Unknown said...

Your students did a fantastic job! That really is a compliment to you, the teacher. You taught them well. Good to hear that your garage sale went okay and that you can now fit your car back in the garage. I am just like you, the goal is to definitely get rid of things.

Janet said...

You should be very proud of your students and of course the teacher.I have some fabrics that would be perfect to try.

Cathi said...

Wow -- I love the effect of those blocks! Gorgeous quilts.

Beena said...

Love those dreamy blues! Your students did an excellent job.

Pretty flowers.

I wonder how the garage sale is going...

Quiltdivajulie said...

How "odd" is it that both of your students made their quilt in blues and so did I (several states away)...

Good luck cleaning up after the garage sale is over. Getting the vehicle back in the garage is a big deal!

Vicky F said...

Hi Wanda,
Your student's work turned out great. You can see the circle effect a little better in the second one (maybe the effect is more apparent in a photo).
Your garden is looking good!
Vicky F

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed catching up with your last 5 posts tonight. You are an excellant teacher, your students certainly show that with their pieces they did in your classes.

J~MT

Wanda said...

Very nice quilt...something that everyone involved can be proud of. The round garden bed is beautiful. My mom once had such a bed...I ran right through it trying out my Dad's new riding lawn mower. She threw a fit...Dad never gave me up!!! Glad the garage sale did what you wanted it to..get rid of the stuff. Hope the sorting through doesn't take very long!

Elaine Adair said...

I will NEVER get tired of seeing this pattern! These 2 are just wonderful!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I am avoiding having garage sales - so much work! But it is great to finally get things out of the house. These quilts are gorgeous.

Laura said...

Hi there - long time lover of your blog! Any chance you'd be interested in an online class or virtual quilt a long? I'd love to learn but can't seem to figure this out on my own! Thanks for considering it!

Hannele said...

These kaleidoscopes are absolutely fabulous :) I wish I had time to try everything that I see and like...