Monday, June 29, 2009

Second group for second class..........
Was that title confusing enough? I had more people in the Double 4 patch class than we had room for in the designing stage so I had half of them meet last Friday and the rest will meet today. The store isn't open on Mondays so we will have the place to ourselves. I finally had a chance to do some sewing on my scrappy blocks, some finished and 3 still in pieces. I am using the leftovers from the basket quilt that I was working on (and that still isn't finished).
Here is one more picture of the view from my kitchen window, taken with the zoom feature. If you click on it you will see many different varieties of hostas. My coneflowers are getting tall back there but because they don't get much sun they will bloom later than the ones in the front yard.
We had glorious low humidity and sunshine with cooler temperatures yesterday. All of my windows were open so I could breathe real air. I am not a big fan of air conditioning but have to run it on the really steamy days.

8 comments:

Beena said...

Beautiful blocks, beautiful hostas!
I hope things stay cooler for you for a while!

Jackie Russell said...

Love the double four pather block. Your garden looks great!

Julie Bagamary said...

Nice blocks!

Cathi said...

What a wonderful view from your window! It looks so lush and green!
The blocks are fabulous. As usual, the fabrics are fantastic.

imquilternity said...

Your garden is soooooo lovely, lush and green! You must love to be out in it.

Purple Pam said...

Your garden is as beautiful as your quilts. I always look forward to reading your blog and seeing the gorgeous, colorful photos. Glad your weather is cooperating for a while.

meggie said...

Your garden is a paradise to me!
Love the blocks too.

Susan said...

It has to be pure pleasure to wash dishes at your house! Love the batik blocks . . .