Monday, June 8, 2009

No sewing yesterday..........
I had to do all of the finish up cleaning and bake the 2 batches of cookies for my art quilters who are coming today. Here is the last pot that I planted on Saturday. It sits in front of my garage between the 2 doors.
My hydrangea bush is loaded with flower buds. I have a new little bush in the back that has had a hard time getting started and this year it is going to bloom too.
The evening primroses are starting to bloom in about 4 different places. I have a few of them in several flowerbeds. I will have to thin some of them out after they bloom because they will take over the whole space if I let them.
My brother and I took Dad out to eat last night. He seems to be doing very well so far. I didn't call him on Friday or Saturday because I want him to be independent. He got a new watch that we had ordered from a catalog and was showing me how it will say the time out loud to him. It also has a couple other features that he is having fun playing with.

12 comments:

Donnelly said...

Your flowers are lovely!

Jean said...

I am glad he is doing ok. It has to be hard on him. Your flowers are beautiful, have fun with your quilting friends!

Eva said...

Again such a wonderful combination. You call it "plant", but I say you compose them.

Beena said...

No sewing! A day without sewing?!!! You must've been going out of your mind! (laughing). At least that's how I feel when I don't get to do any work on quilts!

Love those blooms!

Cathi said...

Your flowers look wonderful! The gardeners are, as I type this, finally planting the flowers out on the roof garden!

Anonymous said...

Hi Wanda, Love your flower pics.So glad your Dad is doing OK.Thinking of him after 72years with your
Mom.jmh

Chris Daly said...

Glad to hear your Dad is doing okay. Have fun digging in the dirt!

Leslie said...

I love the beauty that you call pots of flowers. They're far more attractive than my endeavors; thank you for sharing. Glad to hear your dad is doing okay right now.

Anonymous said...

It seems our bushes and blossoming plants are extrodinary this year also. Wonder what that means? My sister has had an apple tree for 9 years and she had given up on it as it never blossomed and of course did not bare apples.... IT is loaded with blossoms this year.

Your Dad is extrodinary to figure out how to program his new watch !

J~MT

Karen said...

Your potted plants are lovely;) Would love to see your hydrangea when it blooms;)

meggie said...

It is great that your father seems to be coping so well.
I love the pot you planted up! Love seeing your garden.

Wanda said...

Your dad is an inspiration. He seems to know things that not everyone knows. Isn't it wonderful. And I pray that you can find peace as well soon. Your garden is lovely...I think it's important that you are working with things that grow and bloom. Don't worry about the sewing...no one is going to take it away from you. It's going to wait right where it is until you are ready.