Tuesday, June 23, 2009

More nature..........
Summer came in a hurry with several 90+ degree days in a row. It doesn't make you want to stay outside for very long. I am thankful for the air conditioning in my van. I remember the days of riding in a hot car with the windows open. Below is a little section in the front garden. I like the little bursts of color in between the all green plants.
This is the view straight out to the backyard from my kitchen window.
This is looking left from the kitchen window. Most of the backyard is a shade garden. Click on the pictures for a closer view.
Last night I met one of the readers of my blog. She came to my house to pick up the batik strips she purchased instead of having me mail them to her. I also helped her out with a binding fabric for a baby quilt. She has been to a lot of workshops too so we had lots to talk about. She also brought some of her work to show me. Her machine quilting on small pieces is spectacular. I kind of fall apart while doing really tiny stippling but hers was so nice and rounded. I am all fired up now to finish something.

16 comments:

Julie Bagamary said...

Your flowers and yard are SO beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration.

Cathi said...

Your yard looks like an oasis of cool! The flowers in the first picture are glorious!

Kim Brackett said...

I love the view from your kitchen window! What a pretty garden. It reached 100 degrees here yesterday. There was a breeze, but there was no air in it!

Jackie Russell said...

Your gardens look beautiful. I can relate to the heat. We are having heat indexes above 100. I can't wait to go to CA I'm pretty sure it is cooler there.

jovaliquilts said...

Love your yard! And it's so wonderful that you got to meet a blogging friend. I have met a few bloggers here and there and it's just great to really get to talk to someone. I keep thinking I'm going to get up there to meet you one day, hope it really happens.

Rebel said...

Isn't it fun to meet a cyber friend in real life? It's great when you can put a face & voice to all the ones and zeros. =)

Your garden looks amazing.

Joyce said...

you have a beautiful yard!

Anonymous said...

Hi Wanda, Your veiw from your kitchen window
is beautiful. What is the red plant that show up so
well? jmh

Anonymous said...

Your gardens are like your quilting creations, full of lush beauty.... And that they hold up to those 90 degree temps.

Hope you will share your "tiny stippling" project when you create one. For those of us that know your years of expertice, you never fall apart at doing any project!

J~MT

Beena said...

Beautiful yard. But when it's that hot outside, everything looks better from an inside window!
I think the state of Florida is melting off the map, it's been so hot. Even with central AC, we still need fans running.

Lucky you, to spend time with a blogger friend! And great to be inspired!

Lynda said...

I'm always surprised at the American word 'yard' which over here means a bare, paved area, but for you is a garden! Your yard is lush, by the way!

Unknown said...

Boy those pictures looking outside your kitchen window are very different from the winter ones! These are just beautiful.

Eva said...

The carnations are enchanting! They inspire me to create more embroidery patterns.

Deanna said...

It was really nice meeting you last night. Your home and your yard are lovely. Your sewing rooms are AMAZING... your stash left me speechless and you are so organized. I really enjoyed seeing all of your quilts in person... I loved them all and your home is so warm and inviting with the quilts on all of the walls. I left ready to go home, get that darn baby quilt out of the way (thanks for the binding fabric, it's perfect) and get something new done! Thank you!! Hope we can get together sometime in the future.

Vicky F said...

Hi Wanda,
Your garden is just lovely. It looks like you have a healthy patch of pulmonaria; I seem to lose them to mildew and don't know what to do about it (other than spray them with anti-mildew chemicals which I am hesitant to do).

We could trade types of hosta if I lived closer.
Vicky F

Wanda said...

Your garden is so beautiful, Wanda. Such a calming and peaceful place.