Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I had a busy day...........
having my van serviced, running errands, taking Dad to the attorney and the bank, more errands for him and then preparing for the class I will teach tomorrow. I like to make what I call demo boards with instructions and sewn pieces to illustrate what the words are explaining. I am teaching strip pieced Kaleidoscope as a 2 part class. We had people who wanted a week day and some wanting a weekend day so I will be teaching it twice, Tues. and Sat. for 2 weeks. If you want to see my quilts, go to the Labels list on the right side column and click on Kaleidoscope quilts and it will bring up all of the posts where I showed them.
I have given the other project (shown the last few days) a rest for a day. I really liked hearing all of your opinions and reasons behind them in the comments. I have at least 2 more things to try yet.

10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like a good way to keep organized!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Jean said...

Nice displays...we quilters like to see as well as hear.

Beena said...

I thought this was a really dreamy journal cover at first glance of your photo...(maybe something for you to consider for an upcoming project for any unused sections from the quilt!)
Hope you have a fun bunch of students to teach!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Wish I lived closer so I could take this class!

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Great tool for teaching. Lucky students.

In your Sunday post I know how differently everything looks in person so I trust your judgement to go with to white with black squares rather then the opposite. It definitely keeps the piece lighter which was your goal.

Rachel said...

I like this pattern. I have been looking for something I could make with scraps. I wonder if it would turn out as nice if it was just random colors because the pattern you create with the colors looks really pretty.

Anonymous said...

Kaleidoscope strip pieced quilt top... Wish I could take advantage of your classes also. I see quitdivajulie said the same.

Two more options for your latest blocks. HMmmm wonder what you have up your sleeve. It is so much fun for you to share the options you are contemplating for this piece. And others in the past.


J~MT

Unknown said...

Your demo boards are a great idea. I know from teaching classes, that anything that can explain things to students visually is a fantastic idea. All your strip pieced Kaleidoscope quilts are fabulous. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with your Kaffe quilt.

Vicky F said...

Hi Wanda,
Good idea letting the other quilt percolate in the brain for awhile. Not one that you can force a "right" answer.
Your kaleidoscope quilts from past posts are gorgeous; lots of stitching but worth it with all the depth you get. Sounds like a fun class.
Keep dry.
Vicky F

Lynda said...

Kaleidoscope quilts are so fabulous, with the spinning circles in them, and yours are all so lovely! I have only done ones with one piece of fabric - yours have a shimmer in them!