Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ruler info

This is the Kaleidoscope ruler..........
that I recommend for my class. It has the quarter inch lines drawn all the way across the ruler and it is also tall enough for several different groups of strips. One of the other brand rulers has medium green lines which I think are hard to see. Others don't have as many lines to match up with the width of your strip set. Also the complete directions for making a quilt are on the back of the packaging with this one. They are well written and are the ones I teach from.
I got up with a migraine yesterday, so I took my 3 Advil and taught my class. I had 5 super nice ladies in the class. When I got home I was too wiped out to work on any project. Here are the 2 fabrics that I am considering next for the fill ins on the project from last week.
The blue one is a little more periwinkle than it shows in the picture. Several people have commented that they think blue will work. I find blue to be cold but I do happen to like periwinkle or rich royal blue. Hopefully I will have pictures for you tomorrow.

15 comments:

Vicki said...

Thanks for the information on the kaleidoscope ruler. I will have to check this brand out. I'm sorry to hear that you had a migraine yesterday and had to teach. That's rough since I also suffer from migraines and know the effort it takes to be functional when one is in full force. I hope you were able to get a good nights sleep and the migraine is gone.

Unknown said...

That ruler looks like a great one for the kaleidoscope pieces. I love when they give great instructions. I am curious to see how those two fabric work out. They look more like what I had envisioned. Good luck! I hope your migraine is better and you are off to a good start today.

Anonymous said...

These fabrics are more like what I would expect from a Wanda project !
Since it is just bits and pieces to fill the "holes" they will be a great accent .
Louise

Julie Bagamary said...

HMMMMMMMM the stripe fabric is intriguing!

Cathi said...

That ruler is intriguing. Very tempting even to me!
Those fabrics are really interesting -- I can't wait to see how they look with the blocks.
Sorry you had a migraine yesterday, hope it's gone today. I've got one today -- as we start what they say may be 5 days of rain.

Janet said...

I like the new gadget. Just might have to get me one of those (then of course I'd have to make the project, then of course I'd have to buy some more fabric...you know how it goes.)

ilovebabyquilts said...

I like the two fabrics together, if you use the blue as an accent and not in equal amounts.

Jean said...

Interesting fabrics...can't wait to see them audition.

Britt said...

That blue could be just the ticket! Can't wait to see it. Some of my first quilting classes were from Marilyn Doheny a looong time ago- she's great. I've made 3 kaleidoscope quilts using her ruler. It's super easy to use.

Beena said...

Sorry about your migraine...can sure sympathize, as you know. Hope you are doing better today, and can get lots done!

Glad you had a nice bunch of students.Thanks for the info on the ruler!

Sequana said...

Oh boy, I can't wait to see that stripe in that quilt. *S*

Sorry bout your headache; what a good teacher you are to show up in pain.

Anonymous said...

Guess I'll have to add the kaleidoscope ruler to my stash of tools in my workroom. I always wanted to try and make a small kaleidoscope piece.

Love the latest choices for the background to your un-named piece. And I am enjoying the mystery that is building up to your final decision.

J~MT

Vicky F said...

Your next fabric choices could be interesting. "You never know until you try" is my quilting motto.

That just shows you have to have a well-rounded stash to pull from.

I have never done a kaleidoscope quilt, but it looks like fun.
Vicky F

Kim Brackett said...

Those fabrics look interesting! Can't wait to see photos of the audition.

Janet said...

More choices.... The stripe seems like it would be busy or maybe I just cannot picture it. It is a nice periwinkle blue color but I think I am still liking the black and whites best myself.