Friday, December 26, 2008

Chrismas cookie jar

My brother's wife gave everyone ceramic cookie jars for Christmas either in the late 1960's or early 1970's. I have lost the feather (quill pen) that should be in Santa's hand as he writes names in his book. She wrote the names of all of the family members in the book. The wastebasket is for bad boys and girls. The 2 buttons on the side of the desk are for bells for reindeer and helicopter. I keep this in the attic and some years I forget to get it out but we will enjoy it this year. Last night I searched for border and backing for this Bento Box quilt top The green with blue flowers will be the back.
You can see the whole top posted previously here.

7 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

I like the "rug" that Santa's desk sits on!

Eva said...

What happens to Santa when you take the lid off?

Elsie Montgomery said...

What a charming cookie jar. Of course, so is the quilt.

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest Christmas cookie jar ever. Glad you brought him out to enjoy this season.

I did go back and look at Bento Box quilt. Your archives is full of inspiration that we should just check every now and then. I had forgotten about this quilt, it is another great piece. I like your choice for backing.

J~MT

Vicky F said...

Hi Wanda
Yet another quilt from your bottomless box of projects. Love the batiks.
And the backing has a funky 50's vibe that strangely enough goes with the batiks.
Have you tried a spare feather from your yard to replace Santa's quill?
Vicky F

Jean said...

Pretty quilt. Is the green and flowered fabric the border?

My Little Part of Heaven said...

My mom made the same cookie jar for me! Names on it are from our family, too. I must admit, I have not displayed this in a long time.
Happy Holidays from me to you.
Blessings...........