Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I liked it so well.......

that I thought I would make another one (the dotted bag I showed yesterday). In the box with the rest of the dotted scraps were the printed paper piecing patterns. So I just started piecing some more blocks, and then I decided to lay the new and old together to see how the colors were working.
That is when I discovered I had printed papers for rights AND lefts, and of course the ones I pieced were the opposite of the ones that were already done.

Which means that if I want to use them, I will have 2 lights coming together at the center making one large triangle.
Of course I could keep piecing and make 8 of each right and left and then I could make 2 more bags.
My art quilters made it yesterday. Last year in Dec. we cancelled the first date, moved it to the next Monday and that week was bad too so we cancelled again and didn't meet until Jan. I hope the weather cooperates this year in January.




14 comments:

Joyce said...

Where paper piecing is involved, less is better for me. I've tried it and don't enjoy it at all. I guess it all depends on how you feel about paper piecing. I find in little bags, pretty well anything goes.

Unknown said...

I have had that happen with paper piecing before. I would probably continue on and end up making an extra bag.

Marilyn said...

Wanda, correct me if I'm wrong (which I very well might be) but couldn't you use one of those for the upper part of the bag and the other for the bottom part?
Love your bags.

Lynda said...

Why does it always happen like that?! If you'd wanted them to be opposites, they would have been all the same!

Anonymous said...

Hi Wanda,
Who knew there was such a thing as right and left triangles?
I have a jinx when it comes to triangles (I always manage to lop off the points), so paper piecing them makes sense.
I bet you'll keep going to make enough for a righty bag and a lefty bag!
Vicky F

meggie said...

Love the little bag. I would make some more triangles... maybe.

hetty said...

I love your little paper piecings and I love those little bags! My guess is that you will make more so that you can complete two bags! At least, that's what I would do!

Chris Daly said...

That would happen to me. I love the results despite the problem. This is a really striking block

Diane said...

I'm really curious to see how you'll work through this predicament. I can't predict. Marilyn's suggestion sounds intruiging. Glad the art quilters made it to your house. I know how much you enjoy them.

Laura said...

Love your blog...any chance you'd do a tutorial on how to do paper piecing? I just can't figure it out!!!

Cathi said...

I love those blocks. Maybe there are 2 bags in the making there? :-)

Jean said...

Whatever you do, guaranteed it will be cute.

Anonymous said...

Ha! I would make it as is, keep it for myself and name it "whats the point?" A little reminder for me to pay attention to what I'm doing. Not that it would help, but it would make me laugh every time I saw it.

I just love what you come up with, can't wait to see what you have in store for us next.

Tine said...

Lol! 2 bags sound wonderful! Especially if you have some gifts left to make/buy :)
But...if it were me, I would go for the fastest/easiest solution :(