Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Find the secret hiding place

I took another picture of my viburnum bush a couple days ago. Another section of it has changed color, but what I noticed when I got the picture into the computer was the hiding place for a walnut. Those clever little squirrels are looking for all of the tight little places they can find. I found another background piece for my baskets and double 4 patches at our local quilt shop. I think I might want to cut out some of the most exciting sections and just use the leftovers for the blocks.
I am going to walk up to my polling place to vote. It is warm and sunny, very unusual for an election day. I'm not complaining though.

11 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Was it deliberate to have the fabric echo the yard photo?

My daughter and I just returned from walking through this gorgeous autumn to our polling place. Such a beautiful day!

Cathi said...

I can't see the walnut!! The squirrels here are very busy -- and now that the gardeners have taken out all the flowers, they're digging like mad in the flower beds. :-)
It's gorgeously warm and sunny here too. I'll take as many days of this as we can get! Just means a shorter winter -- I hope!

Unknown said...

I just used a similar batik in a project I just finished. It is gorgeous! I'll be posting it next week. I am jealous you are having wonderful weather. I did go vote this morning and it was foggy out.

Joyce said...

That is one gorgeous piece of fabric!

Elaine Adair said...

I see it, I see it!

You have such gorgeous fabric!

meggie said...

I see the walnut. Do you think the squirrel will return, to remove the nut, once the leaves have all gone?

Lovely fabric. We are holding our breath here about your election.

Jean said...

I love that fabric...batiks are so beautiful! I have been working with some lately too.

TB said...

The walnut is so funny! Those little critters don't miss an opportunity, to they? I hope that you did not have to wait in line too long! We waited for about an hour.

Anonymous said...

I see the walnut too... great photo and that piece of fabric is gorgeous!

J~MT

quiltmom anna said...

What a gorgeous batik, Wanda- and lovely leaves too. We are having a few snow flurries but these are the first ones we have seen this year- We have had a lovely fall so far = perhaps we will have a few more days or weeks before the snow comes to stay..
Regards,
Anna

Wanda said...

What a wonderful eye and ability to create from what you see.