Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Quilting finished.........


I finally finished the ditch quilting on the batik colorwash wallhanging.  I think I used this backing on another colorwash too.  Today I'll get it trimmed and find a binding fabric.  I have a feeling it will be purple.







Now I can concentrate on some blocks for the Gridlock quilt.  So far I'm using strips that were already cut and scraps that I can cut strips or 4.5" squares out of.  I'm ready to dig into the big bin of yardage and cut some more fabrics.











 

6 comments:

patty a. said...

Those are some fabulous prints for the Gridlock quilt.

Julierose said...

You are a fast quilter--nice work!! Love that backing on colorwash...
hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Such unique fabrics you are using. The saturation and values are unusual, but so are Marcia Derse's fabrics.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I have concentrated on the smaller pieces for my first three blocks but I'm moving to yardage now for the rest. Cutting is time consuming but in this case it is SO worth the effort.

JJM said...

Re:yesterday ~ as always your production for the month makes my head spin. Creating with your exuberant fabrics, putting your stamp on each pattern making them your own. Whew ~ you did it again, beautiful work.

Fun garden tour, especially since our freezing frosts have shut down our summer gardens totally.

And seeing your post today, looks like you’re kicking it off the month with a good start .

JJM

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on finishing the quilting on your latest Colorwash and have fun with those Gridlock blocks, Wanda!