Thursday, November 4, 2021

Moving to the design wall...........


I decided to take down the Bear Paw blocks  and clipped them in rows so I can reassemble them when I'm ready.

I started working on the checkerboard blocks for the Gridlock quilt.




Cutting more squares for the checkerboard








This is what I accomplished by bedtime last night.

I'm doing some strip piecing for the checkerboards and some loose squares sewn together.  It depends on the shape of the fabric that I'm cutting them from.

Reference: Gridlock quilt pattern in 3 Kaffe Fassett books.  They were actually all designed and made by Liza Prior Lucy, not Kaffe according to the credits in the books.  There are many designers in each book.

 

11 comments:

patty a. said...

So pretty! I wish I had time right now to make one.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Such a great start!

Julierose said...

I like the checkerboard alternating squares for this one..great colors
hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

I can tell already this is going to be one of your 'dazzling' pieces. Full of fun and creative blocks.

JJM

27 degrees will close the door on summer that is for sure.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking good, Wanda!!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A super start, love them!

Danice G said...

Gorgeous fabrics, and blocks. This is going to be a wonderful and bright quilt for sure.

Debbie said...

I just love this one. I haven't had a chance to touch my sewing machine in months. This is really calling to me.

shazama said...

I took a workshop from Kaffe a few years ago. During the workshop I asked him how he sewed a part of the block together. He gave me a look like I was nuts and stated that he did not sew! He never sews and doesn't have a clue how. Brandon handled all the "construction" work and Kaffe all the design in the workshop.

Cathi said...

What a difference adding the checkerboards makes! I can't wait to see more of this one!

Margaret Sears said...

Hilarious and predictable.