Saturday, November 6, 2021

Gathering and planning...............


I have one group of pieces for one block on the design wall.  It may get a strip inserted in one of the long strips.  Mostly I just pressed and cut more fabric strips and put groups together for consideration.



This is one of my favorite pieces of Marcia Derse fabric and I see she has reproduced in 6 colors and it will be released for sale soon.  The only problem is that it is digitally printed and so many of those are way brighter than our screen printed fabrics and they don't always play well together.





This is the stack waiting to go back into the bin after cutting.










Greens to play with.  I'll be looking for a contrasting fabric to use with them.







Bright hot pinks and purples







A group of golds








A few oranges









And another group of browns.

Now I have to decide which group is next to play with.  We are headed into some warmer weather so I'll be doing yard and garden clean up too.  Yesterday was baking day, rhubarb cake.


 

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that grouping of green fabric and the yellow

Julierose said...

I often buy fabric that appeals to me without any planned use for it--just because I love the pattern. Then, they sit in my stash forever it seems.
I need to re-do my stash from "by color" back to by "type"( floral, darks, lights, novelties etc) I need something to re-start my "sew=jo" which has mysteriously vanished....
Hugs for a great weekend--P.S. We had a hard frost last night--down to 30 degrees
Julierose






Needledmom said...

Those are such gorgeous fabrics.

Vicki W said...

I totally understand the switch to all digitally printed fabric but there are still some kinks to work out. I had all kinds of problems with Paula Nadelstern's fabrics last year. They were printed so off grain. I think they have fixed it this year.

JJM said...

Enjoyed seeing your combinations you’ve assembled for the next blocks. They are like a preview of coming attractions. Your eye for fabrics has always been ‘exuberant’ to say the least.

JJM

Kat Scott said...

I so love Marcia Derse fabrics... that yellow is amazing!