Saturday, November 27, 2021

Last Gridlock seams sewn, but.............


 The last 3 seams have been sewn but I just couldn't get motivated to press that huge top.  Maybe today........  So I prepared a collage of the other quilts I have made over the years with Marcia Derse fabrics.  The blue and white zig zag baby quilt isn't included so there are actually 8 and when I finish the Gridlock top there will be 9.  I sold 2 of the tops and gifted one of the finished quilts.  I still own three of the finished ones in the collage, one top is waiting to be quilted.

I was searching for something on my blog yesterday and happened to land on my yearly recap from last year.  Here is what I wrote on there about New Year's resolutions:

Maybe instead of resolutions we just need wishes or hopes.  That won't make you feel like a failure if it doesn't happen.

A few words that seem important now:

Spontaneous--doing things with great joy in the spur of the moment.

No guilt goes along with that--make things just for the fun of it. The orphan block box will undoubtedly get fuller and that is OK with me - more fun down the road.

I think I have stayed with the spontaneous part pretty well this year.  I just made blocks for the fun of it when I was between projects or just plain didn't have any focus on what I should be doing.  And.....I don't feel guilty about just making pieces and parts and sample blocks with no end project in mind.

10 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I'm always amazed at your productivity. At our age we don't need to pile on guilt!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

they are all so pretty! agree you need to make what you feel like it and when you start to dislike a projects or no longer enjoy it it needs to be put aside for awhile

Linda Swanekamp said...

You always are my example and motivator. Gorgeous collection of quilts and colors. Keep it going!

JustGail said...

They are all gorgeous, but I think my favorite is the bottom center. Or Gridlock. Or... This isn't helping my trying not to start collecting Marcia Derse fabrics! :-)

piecefulwendy said...

All those lovely Marcia Derse quilts! I love the circles in the bottom center! Happy Thanksgiving a bit late, Wanda!

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a marvelous collage! And thank you for sharing your words of wisdom . . . this is the time of year to really take them to heart.

JJM said...

Your collage of beauties takes my breath away. And I agree with your thoughts on New Years Resolutions “DiDO” for 2022 !

JJM

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

What wonderful collage! Yes, I had scrolled thru' your earlier posts to see other MD quilts, very impressive! And thanks for sharing your thoughts - I had been thinking lately that "I just don't NEED another quilt" but I do so love the process and all the colour play!

O'Quilts said...

Love your philosophy and your minis...way to go wanda!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Only just getting round to reading the posts from folks. Now you must have had a good stash of Marcia Derse fabrics Wanda to have made so many quilts with her fabric. I'm so pleased to have the chance to read your New Year's words again, they are so very timely for me right now and wise words indeed - thank you!