Wednesday, November 17, 2021

A finish!................


The binding is finished!  It shouldn't have taken so long but it isn't my favorite thing to do.  This batik colorwash is 39" square.  Closeup photos of the binding are in previous posts this month.








The backing has many colors and a few of them show in this photo.  This one is ditch quilted in both directions with Invisifil thread.





The green block in the top left corner is just pieces.  I'm trying to decide if it is ready to sew.  One more 36 patch block is sewn and 2 more are partially designed.  So...I didn't follow my plan for the last block with center square to be light in value.  I decided that it needed one more green block.  As I finished the hand sewing on the binding I did a lot of staring at the blocks on the wall.  After all it is my last chance to make this quilt spectacular.  A few of the blocks might get a narrow strip sewn into the 4.5" strips to break up the solid look and to possibly lighten the value of the block.

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Stunning colorwash finish--this one really glows in the center...beautiful work Wanda hugs, Julierose

Mary said...

Wowzer, this is a beautiful colorwash!

patty a. said...

Congratulations on getting that colorwash done. Good job! The Gridlock quilt is already spectacular!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love both of these - the color selections are terrific

starsthatblaze said...

The Gridlock pattern intrigues me. Using one designer's fabrics certainly creates unity in appearance. Can you envision how Gridlock might look using a scrappy approach? I think it might be OK but wonder if it would lack the pizzazz of yours.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Spectacular color wash finish! A real glow of juicy colors. The Gridlock is taking shape strongly.

JJM said...

Perfect backing and binding for another of your ‘signature Color wash’ creations. They always take my breath away . . . . Beautiful handwork on the binding. ~ Another grid lock block to add to this fascinating quilt top.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

Truly stunning color wash! And your Gridlock blocks are playing well together with more of them in the mix. Have fun arranging and deciding on the last few.