Wednesday, November 10, 2021

2 more blocks................


This is one of my favorite blocks so far.  Yellow is my favorite color so that might have something to do with it.








I only have the smallest little bit of the purple dotted fabric.  I'm glad there was enough to use in a block.








I made more pieces for the 36 patch blocks as well as the 2 new blocks.  I'm running out of space on this design wall. I can just build the next 2 rows of blocks on the left side (where I have plenty of room) and turn all of the blocks sideways.  I need to make some decisions on the 36 patch blocks and get them sewn together first.

9 comments:

Marianne said...

It is so interesting to watch your quilt evolve. I love the colors, the changing center squares, and more.

Lesley Gilbert said...

I'm enjoying watching the progress on this quilt. The colours are really starting to come together. We've had rain this week, slowly getting colder but a bit milder today. I did a little clearing in the garden yesterday. The Fuchsia's are still in bloom but I doubt any closed buds will open now. Off to the opticians in 3 hours for my yearly check-up. Hope your eye sight is good for you :)

patty a. said...

I am so glad you had enough of the purple dotted fabric to make that block. Both new blocks are outstanding! We never seem to have enough design wall do we? I keep thinking about that king sized t-shirt quilt and how I am going to work on it when my design wall is not big enough.

Julierose said...

this is really coming together so well--I am always amazed at your ability to "see" colors that work so well together...hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

I was kind of surprised to read ‘yellow is my favorite color’ . I suspected it might be red like your kitchen or soft purple, like your living dining area. But I should have known, with your warm giving charismatic personality . (*._.*). I do like your newest blocks also, especially the yellow.

JJM

LynneP said...

LOVE these blocks!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful progress!

Needled Mom said...

This is going to be spectacular!

Anne Ibach said...

I love the way this is coming together. I like it more with each block and color combo you add. I really need to read the pattern to see how you do this... seems like you have a lot of leeway in how you put the blocks and checkers together. Sounds like my cup of tea!