Friday, November 19, 2021

Nature..............


When I went out to disconnect my hose and bring in the hose and cart I noticed how pretty the hardy Geranium is in my new front gardens.





I'm hoping my new compact Burning Bushes will turn color completely before they lose their leaves.  They are just starting to turn.  It was about 32 degrees yesterday and very windy so the oak tree in the backyard has lost most of its leaves now.






I filled my birdfeeders and was watching all of the birds coming to eat and then all of a sudden they were gone.  Look what landed in a tree 20 feet from the feeders.









With the wind blowing so hard the hawk had ruffled feathers at times.  It eventually left and the squirrels and a few birds came back.


I did laundry yesterday and looked through my Marcia Derse fabrics but I didn't get anything cut for the Gridlock quilt.


 

13 comments:

patty a. said...

Those are some great pictures of that hawk! I can always tell when one is in the area because all the birds and squirrels leave or hide. The pigeons are so dumb they usually end up becoming lunch.

Mary said...

I'm so glad the hawk posed long enough for you to get these pictures.

Julierose said...

Love those reddish leaves on your hardy geranium--great color in your plants.
What a lovely hawk--great photos Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

aren't those hawks beautiful - I usually see them off and on all year but haven't this year maybe soon?

BatikFanatic said...

Magnificent hawk!
And the hardy geranium is living up to it's name.

JustGail said...

Gorgeous hawk! Am I seeing right that it has one foot or leg, or is it tucked up under keeping warm? Our trees were rather disappointing for color this fall. I had to settle for looking down at the little plants and shrubs. I was surprised to see the petunias hadn't yet frozen, so I'm debating taking some cuttings to try and root them

Linda Swanekamp said...

The pattern on the hawk's chest looks like Marcia Derse fabric.

Kristin said...

Wonderful photos of the hawk!

I didn't know there was a compact variety of burning bush - I will have to investigate that!

Needledmom said...

They do have a way of clearing out the bird feeders in a hurry! Love the pretty colors in the foliage.

JJM said...

Like one of your quilts your geranium is really putting on a show before it’s covered with snow. And mr. hawk looks so regal surveying what he might grab for lunch. And I have enlarged the photo several times looking for his other leg. But maybe ‘JustGail’ is right and its tucked under his feathers to keep warm.

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

Great shot of the hawk, he looks magnificent so no wonder the feeders were deserted once he appeared.

O'Quilts said...

nice post Wanda xo

Chris said...

Great hawk sighting! Happy Thanksgiving, Wanda!