Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Corner decision...........


I sewed some squares onto the center sections of the outside rows on 3 sides of this project and they are just pinned to the wall.  I filled in the top 2 corners with squares and the bottom left with triangles which are 1/4 of the center motif.  I decided I liked the triangles so I chose pieces for the other 3 corners and will get those border rows sewn today for a quilt top finish for the month.


I had to sew a few more Economy blocks too so I can get an idea how it will look.  I'm going to try a half drop in every other row when I get some more blocks made.

We got another .7" rain yesterday.  There is a slim chance of a little more rain today and into Thursday morning before the humidity drops and it becomes cooler.  

 

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Triangle sections add a lot of interest I think;))
WOW 7" of rain is a lot!! We are in a drought here--powder dry earth; watering only as necessary...doing my rain dance lately...
hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Triangles add to the overall design without calling attention to themselves. Very nice. Was hot and humid yesterday, supposed to be changing today. I wilt under these temps. Watering was a chore.

patty a. said...

I like the colors you picked for the triangles. They are light enough and don't compete with the star blocks and add just a hint of color. I got the same amount of rain. With hot days you need to get that much.

Barbara Morgan said...

I really like the filler in you did with your quilt!

JJM said...

Great progress on your two pretty pieces. . . I did speed read through your blog early this morning. And told my husband you got 7” of rain ! He was surprised you got that much in the last few days. And said, are you sure ? I opened up your blog again and read it to him ~ .7 is
quite a difference, isn’t it ? (*._.*).

Our heat is horrific right now, these 90 and 100 degree temps usually hit us in August as a rule. Mother Nature has rerouted her summer plans I guess.

JJM

Chookyblue...... said...

the mini is looking good and the economy blocks are coming along.......
the garden changes will look good once planted in the front of the house now.......be easier to manage.......