Friday, June 18, 2021

A better photo................


I took my Kaffe orphan blocks off the design wall in the basement so I could get a better photo of this quilt top.  It measures 60" x 84".











For a little perspective here it is waiting to be photographed on a 96" wide x 84" tall double design wall.






I decided to get a photo of the Annabelle Hydrangea bush in case it rains.  As I watched the news and weather last night they were still undecided if we were going to get 1.9" of rain or none at all.



I planted one Canna bulb and it has 2 shoots coming up off of it. When I checked it last night it looks like the one on the left has been bent but isn't quite broken.  I wonder if the squirrels were playing with it.



The black raspberries are turning red.  Some years I already had ripe berries by this time.  I have the vanilla ice cream ready and waiting.
  



 

7 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Looks wonderful, the colors and values are sparkling. We certainly could use rain here!

Julierose said...

Your quilt is looking beautiful...
I love that hydrangea bush...mine hasn't bloomed yet but i have
one lily out in a peach color...
Hugs, julierose

patty a. said...

The quilt top turned out beautiful! I love the insert strips. Unexpected and adds a wonderful design feature. The hydrangea is so pretty. I kind of miss my canna. The rhizomes must have gotten worn out because I wasn't getting flowers anymore. Maybe your black raspberries are behind because you had to cut them back so severely. Looks like you are going to get a good yield though.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your hydrangea is gorgeous - the ones here are finished with their initial blooms and now that it has turned so hot, many of them are looking sad.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Quilt is yummy...so are your garden pictures.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Gorgeous quilt top, Wanda!!

Alicia Key said...

LOVE all that "Exhuberant Color"! The older I get, the more color I like!