Thursday, June 17, 2021

A little fabric fix...........


I "needed" some new Charley Harper fabric, even though I haven't made a quilt with any of it yet.  I did start cutting some pieces in early spring and they are waiting on a design wall in the basement for me to come back to it.

I pieced a backing for one of my larger quilts next in line for quilting.  I need to press it and then I'll start loading the quilt on the longarm.

In the early evening I planted the Peonies that I dug out of the front flower bed on Tuesday night.  I doubt they will bloom next year since they were dug up the wrong time of the year but at this point all I care is that they will survive.

Big rain predicted for very early tomorrow morning.  I hope we get the big rain but no hail or any other part of a severe storm.

 

10 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

Can’t wait to see your Charley Harper project develop! I’m a fan of his work. Where do you shop for Charley Harper fabric?

patty a. said...

The Charley Harper fabric is beautiful! I can see design wise it is a bit more challenging to use. Rain in the forecast here maybe tomorrow. I hope your rain is nice and slow so it gives all you plants a nice drink.

Julierose said...

Lovely CH fabrics--I have a few of his bird prints--
Hope you get that nourishing rainfall...
hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

I really like CH getting/post cards - if I bought his fabric, I could never cut into it (grin). Fingers crossed that you get nice rain and no stormy stuff.

Machelle said...

Love listening to your activities! Great Charlie Harper fabrics!!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I adore butterflies and that fabric is magical!

Anne Ibach said...

Oh wow! Those frogs and lizards are so amazing! It took a while before I saw the lizards!

Mystic Quilter said...

Wonderful fabrics, love the fun frogs!

JJM said...

Your summer time Charlie Harper prints are such a delight . His art work makes me smile.

JJM

Needled Mom said...

I can understand needing Charlie Harper fabrics..🤣