Monday, June 28, 2021

Economy blocks................

I just didn't feel like turning on the iron so I could continue on my star quilt so I started something new.  A week or so ago I showed the pieces I was die cutting for 12" Economy quilt blocks.  Last night I went through the quarter square triangles and found all of the sets of 4 alike.  There were 28 so I took out the stack of 6.5" squares to pair with them.


I pulled squares of all different fabrics than those in the quarter square triangles.






Next I paired the triangles with the squares.  Now it was time to sew the first round for a couple blocks.





Then I went through the half square triangles to find the sets of 4. I only have 22 sets so I'll need to cut some more. There are duplicates of some of them but not enough to be a problem when it comes time to do a layout.


The first two 12" finished blocks have been sewn.  I sewed these while watching the new show The Chase.  I never cared for Jeopardy because you have think backwards and come up with the question that matches the answer you are given.  This show has the top winners of Jeopardy facing a team of 3 with great questions and a race to keep the money.  

11 comments:

Julierose said...

Your sq in sq blocks are really pretty--great use of leftovers...
I'll have to check out that show thanks hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Lovely, lovely fabrics and blocks. They will look great together.

patty a. said...

I can understand not turning on the iron. Those are going to be some fun, colorful blocks!

Libby in TN said...

We enjoy The Chase, too. The Jeopardy champs are a refreshing change from the ponderous Englishman.

Roxanne said...

Your new kaffe creation looks like another great quilt!

Tammy Hutchinson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy Hutchinson said...

I think you must have the most beautiful stash to pull from! Your yardage, bits, and pieces and scraps are the best. About an earlier post - we also have lots of white clover in our grass mix. My husband says he likes to let it flower out for the bees, or maybe he doesn't like mowing? :)

Florida Farm Girl said...

Your imagination knows no bounds! What a great idea.

JJM said...

Your economy fabrics sure look luxurious to me. And to design a block that big makes them look ~.$ $ $

We’ve been in that wicked heat wave for several days and its to be triple digits through the week. We don’t have your humidity, so that is a blessing.

JJM

Anne Ibach said...

I've been thinking recently about making an economy block quilt. I'm excited to see where this goes. YOur fabrics, as usual, are spectacular!

I might have to get a die cutter to get really enthusiastic about this!

Anne

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Loving all your Kaffe colour! At 12" these will make a quilt top in no time at all!