Wednesday, June 2, 2021

May 2021 Monthly recap..............












I am so happy to finish 2 quilts this month after not having any finishes last month.  Pink zig zag is 39" x 47.5" and Hugs and Kisses is 39" square.  







I made 2 quilt tops too.  The half hexagon in brown, blue, gold and beige is 59.5" x 81" and the floral 9 patch is 30" x 42".

This year I have constructed 14 quilt tops and I have finished 7 quilts so I'm up 7 tops since the beginning off the year.  I'm at 39 waiting to be quilted and there are 2 small ones that might get finished soon.


I planted Zinnias and Marigolds between the tomato plants in the raised bed in the backyard.  I'm so excited to see them coming up.  I'm hoping the flowers will encourage pollinators here and that there will be more tomatoes because of it.






This is one of two little Hostas that is surrounded by weeds and needs to be moved to a better location.






Here is the other one that I hope to move to a better location.  I'll be scouting the back area today.  It is getting warmer each day and by the weekend we're supposed to be in the 90s.  They say that will continue into next week so maybe the transplanting will take place when it turns a little cooler again.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Wonderful array of quilt tops, Wanda--;)))
Your hostas are looking good. hugs, Julierose

Mary said...

Your two pink finishes are just lovely.

patty a. said...

You have had a good month of sewing. I know you have spent a lot of time in May digging out plants from the front that is going to be redone. Your zinnias and marigolds are coming up nicely! I planted both myself. The marigolds that I planted in front of the Shasta daisies are not coming up. Some of the seedlings have disappeared. I think the chipmunks got them. I am going to throw down some California poppy seeds. The chipmunks (or what we called them as kids grinnies), don't bother them, they grow fast, and will bloom into fall.

Cathi said...

Those two pink quilts are gorgeous! The picture made me smile as pink, to me, is a very happy colour.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Pretty finishes and pretty new quilt tops, too, Wanda!!

JJM said...

Always good to see your monthly recap, I didn’t even realize you didn’t have any thing to show last month… your blog moves along so fast keeping me entertained each day, I wouldn’t have known that if you hadn’t mentioned it. These four are exceptionally lovely .

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely ice creamy pinks, both beautiful quilts but I especially like the Hugs and Kisses quilt.