Sunday, June 20, 2021

Loading.............


Another hot humid day and not a lot of energy.  I did get the backing pressed and loaded on the longarm and put the batting on too.  Here is the whole photo of the quilt top.  It is 99" the long direction so it is filling the whole longarm rails except for about 10" on the right end.  The backing is 105" (99" + 6").  I think I have only quilted one other quilt this large so far.

My older A/C unit that we put back in the dining room window bit the dust Friday. 90 degrees and humid and all I had was fans.  My son had an extra small A/C that he didn't need at his shop so yesterday he took out the dead one and put the new one in the window.  Then I ordered another larger one to replace the one we threw out last year when my trim painting was done.  I drove 10 miles to pick it up at the big box store and it will hopefully get installed early this week.


This weedy mess is supposed to get dug out this week and new black dirt brought in.  This is one of 4 areas they need to do.  

Storms are predicted for this afternoon and evening.  I don't know whether to believe we will really get any rain.

8 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

Goodness, with the heat/humidity, thank goodness your son had an extra a/c to bring you!! Your quilt is beautiful and I’m sure even more valuable for being made from early Kaffe fabrics.

Julierose said...

Good thing your son was at the ready with a replacement for you--that humidity is a bear!!
Good luck with the quilting hugs Julierose

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

We have had hot, sunny sultry weather down here too. Not quite as close as last week though. Miserable was the only word for it. Our upstairs a/c bit the dust in May. Required a complete replacement (outdoor compressor and the air handler inside) due to the phase-out of R22. We will all be waiting to see what you plant in the new black dirt!!!

Sylvia Anderson said...

When you finish this beautiful quilt, it will become a collector's piece, with all of Kaffe's early fabrics. I don't know how you do it Wanda, because if I was without air conditioning for any length of time, I'd have to go hang out in Costco, where they have couches, chairs, tv's, food and restrooms. lol

Quiltdivajulie said...

Hope the new A/C unit is installed in short order - it is NOT fun to be without one when it is this hot and humid! Good luck with that very large quilt top.

JJM said...

Happy I clicked back to see the entire quilt you’re getting ready to quilt. It’s another beauty, and i had forgotten about the stripe border you were using 10 years ago. I suppose if looked at all your quilts from the beginning of your blogging I’d see many more.. those stripes regally add a border that frames your awesome designing.

Thank you for the before photo of your front garden. I’m excited to see the after. . . But not as much as you are.

JJM

Dorothy said...

WAY TOO HOT here in western WA--and yes I know it's nothing compared to the rest of the country--and thankfully we do not normally have high humidity which we did have a few weeks ago, (one of the reasons I left the the midcentral) Am waiting to see how you quilt this lovely quilt

Tammy Hutchinson said...

Storms woke me early today, I hope you get some of this rain, or at least the breeze to cool you a bit. It will be wonderful to have a fresh new garden bed, I bet you will fill it easily with transplants and summer color. Enjoy!