Friday, February 7, 2020

Sewing and sorting.........

I sewed the last 2 stratas for my Kaffe fabric Trip Around the World quilt while the sun was shining.  We  had such a gray January that it is wonderful to see the sun again.



I did more basting on the quilt I showed yesterday and am 3/4 done with the basting now. 

Last night I sorted triangles.  I am cutting them 10 layers at a time so there are 5 fabrics, 2 layers of each.
Here they are all sorted ready to go into the box.  As soon as my light fixture is working again I'll start sewing these at night.

Ceci, you asked yesterday about my straight stitch machine.  If you go to my right sidebar and see my Label List, there is a label for sewing machines to click on so you can see a picture of my straight stitch machine that I do quilting on.  It only does straight stitch- no zig zag or any other stitches.  It is a very straight stitch compared to the straight stitch on a zig zag machine which has a slight wobble to it.

5 comments:

patty a. said...

Looks like you are making progress on all of your current projects. Those fabrics in the trip around the world are so pretty! That is a lot of triangles you have cut and again gorgeous fabrics!

JJM said...

Another parade of beautiful fabrics for your projects in the works. Always a treat to see what you are working on.

JJM

Anonymous said...

Ah, thank you for responding to my question - I should have thought to look on the Label List!

So now I know. I'm on the look out for someone who does long arm quilting in my area, but will experiment with using my machine on a doll quilt - who knows?

ceci

Linda Swanekamp said...

All that color is so wonderful to see. I love the triangles- the variety and colors.

Vicki W said...

Looks like you have lots of bright sunshine right there on your sewing table!