Saturday, February 15, 2020

Basting and quilting............

I finished basting the quilt I showed yesterday and then went back to machine quilting on my straight stitch machine.  I am turning a corner every 1.5" for the ditch quilting on this quilt.  Each row top to bottom takes almost 20 minutes and I did 6 of them yesterday.  I now have 11 of the 20 rows quilted.
If you click and enlarge this photo you can see the pattern it makes on the back of the quilt.  Ditch quilting between blocks was done before I started these long rows.




This quilting makes the plain color squares pop forward so the zipper effect should be more prominent.  

The art quilters are coming Monday so I have to spend at least 5 hours cleaning off tables, delinting design walls and vacuuming today.  Baking will happen tomorrow.  

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Ooh that will look super...great idea hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

OMG Wanda ~ stitching every 1.5" and turning has to be a bit tense. It looks perfect for that quilt and only you would go to that extent to make it so. The backing fabric is lovely.

JJM

Unknown said...

Esos trabajos están preciosos, a mi me cuesta combinar colores, Gracias por compartir

Unknown said...

Really love this. Wish I had the patience to piece a quilt top. I do hand embroidered quilt tops

Unknown said...

Here’s my e-mail

Dolly said...

The zipper quilt is going to be great.......I hope that you're keeping it for yourself. I wish that I had had more solids when I made my little one.....I'd like to make more of her solids and prints series.

http://dollyshome.blogspot.com/2020/02/oopsa-finish-i-missed-one.html