Saturday, February 1, 2020

January 2020 monthly recap.............

3 finishes for January, I had hoped for 4, but 2 of these were large so I'm happy with the month's progress.  The 2 pastel quilts are so much prettier in person.  They look kind of washed out in the photos.  The 16 patch on the left is 54.5" x 70", the flannel quilt in the center is 70.5" x 88" and the 30s reproduction Trip Around the World is 69" x 92".
2 quilt tops were completed.  The Australian fabric equilateral triangle top is 55.5" x 69" and the Zipper quilt top is 60" x 72".  My goal this year is to have more finished quilts than new starts.  It gets complicated computing at the end of the year because I don't just finish the older quilt tops, I finish some of the new ones too so in the recaps they are both a quilt top and a finish in the same year.  Most of my older tops are large and it is so much more fun finishing the smaller ones.
I worked on finishing a few small items yesterday, 2 mug rugs and 3 coasters pieced with leftover Marcia Derse fabrics from one of my quilts.

5 comments:

Julierose said...

that is a nice month's work--beautiful quilts...hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

I agree about the counting business. I have a lot of tops waiting in the closet and I'm going to try hard to finish as I go from now on (famous last words). We'll see how it comes out . . . Congrats on YOUR finishes (tops and quilts).

JJM said...

Wonderful finishes Wanda. I'm sure it feels good to begin the New Year with such a great start. Your fabrics are always fantastic for each quilt. And knowing you... You'll meet every goal you set.

JJM

Marnie Haines said...

What a plethora of quilts! All of them are so lively, unique, and beautifully made. I think you have quite a finish for one month!

mpv61 said...

I would probably use three counts for the year, adding a count for "quilts started and finished within the year." That way, your counts for "quilts started" and "quilts finished" can be compared more meaningfully.

Beautiful quilts! You get so much done, but I expect it's because you put so much time into it AND you use your time wisely! :)