Sunday, February 9, 2020

A little bit of fun sewing.............

After quilting for over 4 hours on the zipper quilt I needed some mindless sewing. I have at least 5.5 more hours of quilting on it. 

I have a LOT of the first cuts off batik fabrics so I grabbed a handful and sewed some blocks.  The piece at the right will probably be used in a zippered pouch.
I have 54 older blocks, some pieced over 3 years ago, some pieced late summer in 2017.  I don't have a plan for them yet and will keep adding to the pile.  I would like to make a bed size quilt with them.

6 comments:

Lesley Gilbert said...

I love scrappy sewing so I'll follow this 'fun' series with great interest. I've been cutting/sewing blocks for a baby quilt, making it up as I go along. I love sewing with just an idea in my head. I want to add a name made with scrappy letters but not done that before so will be interesting how that works out :)

JJM said...

Now those are the kind of blocks I could fo. (^._,^)

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

These blocks look so terrific. I am sure you can make them work all together.

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the blocks and you have given me an idea for a future quilt for our eldest grandson! I have such a stash of batiks but unlike yourself don't have any first cuts, free hand cutting into my batiks should give a similar result and I do need something easy to sew at the moment.

patty a. said...

What a wonderful pile of blocks!

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a gloriously scrappy quilt these will become.