Tuesday, July 31, 2018

X and + quilt top...............

The X and + quilt top is pressed and posing for a photo.  I'm thinking that maybe the binding should be the white with black print that I used for the background in all of the blocks.  That is a ways off though because it won't get quilted right away.  I have a couple wallhangings that need to be quilted first.

I normally have a big zinnia garden but most of the seeds I planted didn't grow.  I'm letting this little flower bed fill back in with grass so it is not a big loss, just a little skimpy looking this year.


Even though the beetles are here this year they haven't destroyed the Rose of Sharon bushes like they usually do.






This one is a little bluer lavender but the camera wants to make it pinker.

The pop-up-shop is open to the public today at noon EST.  Only subscribers to the newsletter list have access before then with their password.

4 comments:

patty a. said...

The quilt top turned out so pretty. I didn't plant any zinnias this year. I kind of miss them. If I ever get the big bed in the front redone maybe I can get some planted next year.

Hedy said...

I love this quilt, the fabrics you used are perfect and the piecing is excellent. I love zinnias but haven’t planted any in years, my flower garden has been overwhelming purple coneflowers this summer and I’d love to pull them out now but the finches love their drying center.

melinda hirsch said...

OMG. I am just loving this quilt—it may be my most favorite ever!

JJM said...

"Pressed and posing for a photo". . . I like your introduction for your x and + top. A nd does look so polished and ready for its border.

Your rose of Sharon blossoms remind me of my holly hocks. I've grown holly hocks for years red and pink. The past two years, lemon and peach colors have blossomed out. I have not added any extra seeds to my garden either, kind of a mystery for me.

JJM