Tuesday, July 3, 2018

More blocks......and flowers..........

I chose the + fabrics for 3 more blocks.  I intended for the 2 fabrics in the top left to be at opposite corners but I ended up tearing out parts 3 times on that block and decided not to change it again.  One of my readers sent me a link to the source of the quilt I had seen on the internet with the all light triangles.  It is by Christine Barnes.com.  I couldn't find a source when I first found it which is a common problem on Pinterest.  

White Eagle you are a no reply because you don't have your email enabled.  You asked where to get the pattern and I drafted this one myself.  This is a 10" block so all of the parts are based on 2", 4" and 6" finished pieces: 2" finished triangles, 2" finished squares, and if you are using the folded corner method, the diagonal is a 4" finished square with 2" finished squares as the sew and fold corners.  The crossbar of the + is 2" x 6" finished (which means you have to add seam allowances to all of those measurements).  You can also do a search for X and + quilt and you will find links to several tutorials for different size blocks.

The invasive tall bell type flower is in full bloom.  I have seen a few white ones this year where they have always been lavender in the past.










The first Blackberry Lily has bloomed and the Lemon Lily behind it has buds too.  In the background are more of the bell flowers and Coneflowers just starting to bloom.  I also see some more volunteer trees I need to cut.

6 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Do you mean the Spumoni quilt by Christine Barnes? I like the richness of yours better. I am so tempted to put this one my list. Watering like crazy here. Finally got my pond restored and working and the fish are very happy after spending 2 years in a big bucket in the basement.

Quiltdivajulie said...

What is the X fabric in the lower single block? I don't think I have seen that one before.

patty a. said...

I have some white bellflowers that are trying to survive with the lily of the valley. Those blocks are so pretty!

Needled Mom said...

I just love the x and + blocks. Each batch you add makes me want to make another quilt using that block.

Frauke said...

Thank quo for showing und teh Tips to find the pattern, i like ist verry much. Pleas Exuse my englisch iam from north germany . Best wisches Frauke

JJM said...

Your X and + already is a favorite of mine. Each block is like a mini quilt itself. Always a treat to see what's blooming in your garden .

JJM