Saturday, July 14, 2018

Working on the TAW............

I sewed the last seam in all 5 stratas and pressed that seam.  Then I cut a strata into loops.  I have unpicked the first strip and put it on the design wall.  The arrow points to the seam that needs to be unpicked on the next loop.  All you have to do is look at the seam between the top and second piece and identify that seam to unpick in the next loop.





Second piece unpicked and placed on the design wall.  Identify the seam between the top 2 pieces of that strip and find it on the next loop and unpick.










I got 8 loops unpicked and up on the wall.  I decided to stop there and cut the other 4 stratas into loops.










The lilies are doing well this year.  The first 3 years they were in this location they didn't bloom and I was afraid I would lose them.





The Lemon Lily is pretty but doesn't photograph very well.





8 comments:

Debbie said...

This TAW will going to be a beauty! Already it glows:)

DianeN said...

This Trip Around the World is stunning. I can't wait to see the top completed.

mjk said...

i just found your blog through pinterest. i have to say that i love, love, love all of your quilts. the string and cobblestone quilts are fabulous. just my style, i just need to find more scraps so i can make some of these (lost a lot of fabric in a move).

i do have a question. reading about your quilts i notice that you refer to binding vs. facing. what is the difference? i hate doing binding and am always looking for an easy way out. i like to wrap the backing around for the binding on a lot of my quilts.

i look forward to investigating your blog more and seeing future projects.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wow, the colors of the strips are stunning. Hard to believe such humble strips create such a dynamic design.

Hedy said...

Wow, another Wandaful TAW quilt. I was thinking that your quilts, all of them, would make such a beautiful book. You could write out how to make a TAW your way. I especially like this one, I think you must have fussy cut that purple Kaffe fabric. I have your lilies too but not the lemon. I bought some annuals for 25 cents a pot and got one that smells like lemon. Hot here too, wishing for rain.

Julierose said...

All my lovely lilies were E A T E N by the wandering deer heard overnight--just chomped right off leaving raw stems ;000!! How frustrating!!
I like your run of colors on the TAW --it will be beautiful hugs, Julierose

Kristin said...

I love the TAW design and this one looks great! I love your sense of color. If I lived closer I'd love to take one of your classes.

JJM said...

What a great Saturday post Wanda, fun to see the first strip multiply into a such gorgeous beginning of your TAW . Another thrilling quilt in the making.

I love your perennials, I too have plants blooming all season long, and this season they're outdoing themselves.

JJM