Thursday, July 5, 2018

Good sewing day.................

It was still very hot and tropical humidity yesterday so it was a good day to sew.  I had parts made and got some more of the X and + blocks assembled.  Some have all four X pieces alike and some have 2 and 2 and some have 4 different.  I was cutting most of them from my scraps instead of yardage.
I really like the new red and purple print in the one on the right.











I did go out and water my tomato plants by the driveway and picked one more tomato that was starting to turn color.




The 4 tomato plants in the raised bed are getting so tall.  There are lots of new tomatoes on the top half of the plants.  The one in the pot had one ready to bring in to the windowsill and one to leave for a little while longer on the plant.
I thought I had finally dug out all of the Sneezeweed but I found it in 2 places in the back yard.  It gets about 4 feet tall.






Here is the other batch of it just outside my dining room picture window.

8 of the 20 well wishers for my Blogiversary yesterday were no reply commenters so I will thank all of you here.  I am so thankful to have so many readers and I appreciate the time you take to leave me a comment.

12 comments:

Hedy said...

I’m really liking your quilt top. Got the newsletter from Kaffe Fassett and he’s coming to the US again. Thinking of calling one of the shops for his lecture, I know it’s really expensive, but I’d like to hear him on quilting.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the X's background it makes the X's stand out so much - little by little they get done -- the heat is horrible here too so very hot in the afternoon - last night I sat on the porch for a couple hours and enjoy the breeze on the porch it was 90 but with the sun down it didn't feel so bad, it wasn't too humid yesterday for a change

melinda hirsch said...

Congratulations on all those wonderful blogs—I appreciate all the care and time you put into them. And I’m loving the new quilt with the light
background...a stroke of genius!

Needled Mom said...

Those are such fun blocks. I can't believe how long your heat wave is hanging around.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I like your X quilt blocks so much, Wanda. I'd been thinking of starting one of these as a leader-ender, but haven't gotten to it yet. It's been beastly hot here Near Philadelphia, too.

Tami Von Zalez said...

Darn Blogger! I was probably one of those 8. I too like the pink and purple block - its jazzy.

Alice said...

The X and + blocks are so alive. Love them. I’m very happy that you decided to do a blog and double glad that I found it. Congratulations.

JJM said...

I think I commented before telling you, just one of your X and + blocks is like a mini quilt. It's been such fun watching these blocks grow. Your fabric combinations, always sparkle .

I have never heard of the Sneeze weed, or have I seen one. They do have a pretty daisy like blossom. We have a weed out here that grows as tall, but it has a snap dragon like blossoms that cluster at the top of the stalk. They spread like wild fire too.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love all the blocks you showed. The heat has been something else. Today, on Quilt Inspiration, a whole bunch of free Kaffe patterns. A couple look interesting. http://quiltinspiration.blogspot.com/2018/07/free-pattern-day-kaffe-fassett-quilting.html

Ada Plouvier-Kopitopoulou said...

Beautiful blocks!! Here, in Greece, it is awfully hot too!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I really like that you are using different fabrics in some of your blocks instead of the standard. It adds a lot of interest. I really like the red and purple one too!

sparkle plenty said...

Looks Marvelous!