Sunday, July 1, 2018

Monthly recap June 2018...........


I finally had a month with some good finishes in 2018.  The purple quilt is 61" x 88", the floral colorwash 24" square and the Australian triangles is 57.5" x 79".  These are the first 2 big ones quilted this year.
I also finished 2 quilt tops.  Sunlight in the Forest is 69" x 87" and the Kaffe butterflies (which got its borders sewn on yesterday afternoon) is 58.5" x 72".  It really paid off to set aside one hour every day to do something on an older project before I worked on a newer one.  Most of the time I actually didn't mind spending a little more than an hour on them.

Heat and tropical humidity continues here so I only went out to pick a tomato yesterday and water the flowers in pots, no weeding.

I had an error on yesterday's post about which size pack the die was from.  I have corrected it now.

6 comments:

Hedy said...

Well, you outdid yourself this month, everything is so pretty. Excellent job.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the purple quilt! it is too hot here to do much of anything outside either - I go out first thing in the morning usually and got up at 6:30 this morning and checked the outside temp and it is 78 already!

Julierose said...

Beautiful finishes all--my fave is the butterflies--just lovely work...hot and humid here, too--inside for me...hugs, Julierose

Sylvia Anderson said...

Sunlight in the Forest is definitely my favorite quilt of 2018, so far. It's exquisite, bright, bold, colorful and a quilt that will brighten any room it occupies. So beautiful Wanda.

These 90+ degree days are way to hot for me, but at least I get more time for sewing.

JJM said...

A beautiful array of finishes for your month of June. Each one is full of Wandaful expertise. You are incredible !

JJM

patty a. said...

You had a great month! The only finishes I have are equipment covers and masks. I got to see the masks in action Saturday night. This heat is awful.