Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Rain

So which border did I sew on?.............................
None! It was a gloomy day and I just couldn't seem to get started on anything. We had rain in the early morning hours and periods of clouds and sun and humidity. The only thing I did was bag and label a lot of cut pieces. In the back are 21" long strips of batik that were left from my spring log cabin. To the right of that 2" strips cut while I made my sunshine quilt. In the front are 5.5" squares of batiks and Kaffe and Philip Jacobs fabrics and to the right of that 128 four patches leftover from the beaded curtain quilt. I will put them in plastic bags with labels and hang them on the studio wall.


I took this picture with the super zoom lens from my kitchen window. I didn't want to get my shoes wet and the buds were starting to open.
I hope I have more energy today.

9 comments:

Kristin said...

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in and say I changed my mind and like border #6 best (mottled pink). Not to add to the confusion, but what about the pink border with a narrow green inner border, say with the #1 pink and green fabric?

Kristin F. in SC

Jean said...

It's good to take a breather once in awhile. You are on the go and sewing up a storm every day!

Beena said...

I hope you have more energy today, too!
Are those the hostas that are blossoming? Such a pretty plant.

Vicki W said...

A rainy day is a perfect day to just relax a bit.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wow my hosta blossoms have been open for ages and are falling off! I didn't realize yours would be so far behind but I guess I am a bit further south than you.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Jocelyn said...

Sorting fabric is a good thing to do on a gloomy day. I like to know what is in my stash, and sometimes just doing some sorting refreshes my memory. Enjoy your day!

Cheryl Arkison said...

It will be interesting to see what becomes of those spare parts! Enjoy your day today.

Anonymous said...

Your post today made me feel so~~~ good. So what if your schedule is off now and then, you have to be in the mood for what ever you are working on. You are the most disciplined person I know when it comes to your creative projects.

All my plants have blossomed after yours. But my hosta's are totally done blooming also and need to be cut off. That surprised me too that yours are still blooming. And my hydrangea ~ just in the last week ~ the 'flowerettes' on each ball are opening more each day. Mother nature is on it's own timetable no matter where we live.

J~MT

Quiltdivajulie said...

Good for you for taking it easier yesterday ~ we all need discipline but we all need some freedom, too.

I have some scrappy 7-1/2" batik squares left from MIL's Ochenta quilt. Would they be a useful addition to your stash? Happy to share as I doubt I'll play with those colors again for a while.