Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Saturated color

This one is bright in real life, but not neon..........
like it looks here. I need to take this one outside to natural light. I posted this one before here and when I checked back it was just as neon in the first pictures. Maybe it is my new monitor that is too bright. Anyway I finally chose which border I wanted to use and got it sewn today. I guess I will designate Mondays as border days since I have at least 5 tops waiting for their borders.


Here is the inspiration quit and cutting directions

from this book.
You might remember this piece that was made from the leftovers. The colors are truer in this photo.
**********
Yesterday started out a little less humid with a nice breeze but by evening we were right back up to 75% humidity. I didn't want to turn on the A/C at that point so I suffered through it. I did another side of the binding on the queen size quilt because I could stay cool sitting very still under my ceiling fan.
*************
Today I have a finishing class with 5 students so I spent some time preparing samples to demonstrate on yesterday afternoon.
*************
I am fortunate that most of the migraines only last one day instead of 3 like they did when I was younger. However the day after the pain I am exhausted.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this quilt and the colors that you chose, fantastic. I have that book and also took a class with Laurie. She was a wonderful teacher. I am glad your migraine is better. I can really empathize with you.

Beena said...

I really like the piece you made from the leftovers (linked to a previous post). Very vibrant.

Keep cool, and hope you have fun at the finishing class.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I like the striped bits in the border . . . congrats on this finish!

There's a migraine in the works here . . . it's been building slowly since yesterday evening (storms blew through) ~ I'm guessing I end up leaving work and going home at some point this afternoon. We'll see.

Cathi said...

Beautiful -- not neon on my monitor at all but lovely rich saturated colour!
I call that day after a migraine the bruised head feeling.

The Calico Cat said...

I like this one too - again for the green I think. Love the border.

julia said...

Beautiful. I love the colors whether they are this bright or not. The pinks and purples are great together.

imquilternity said...

Your quilt is just lovely! Wonder what you've decided on for a border? I'm so sorry about your migraines...that must be so difficult!

Anonymous said...

I like this bright quilt, and it did not come through neon on my monitor either. I too like the bits of stipes in the border. Now the photo that you posted earlier looks neon.

Working while you have a migraine is quite an accomplishment. I can hardly keep it together with a normal head ache. Glad it is over for you that is for sure. And to finish up with your class today has to feel good also.

J~MT

Vicky F said...

Hi Wanda,
That quilt is not too bright for me! And I really like the little squares that make up the sashing between blocks; makes it look all sparkly.

The title from the book: Hmmmm....
I think you should call it "Oh Bright One".
Vicky F

quiltmom anna said...

HI Wanda,
I truly love this design- A friend made this pattern as well and used some gorgeous batiks in hers too.
It just is such a rich pattern.
there are just too many quilt patterns that I would love to make and not enough time in my life to sew.
Glad to hear that you are recovering from your migraine- Hope you will feel back to your normal self soon. My husband gets them as well and they are not fun -his are triggered by some foods ( red wine) fatigue and occasionally the weather. Can be stress related too.
Take care,
Anna

Bren said...

LOVE the quilt. Your daily blogging shows me how far behind I am in blogging and sewing. Please, take care of yourself. Have fun in class and have a GOOD day.

Deanna said...

I love this quilt... the colors are beautiful!

Terri Stegmiller said...

Another gorgeous quilt. I like your version much more than the book version.

Kerri Murphy said...

Well, like they say one persons neon is another persons masterpiece!I really love the color as I see it on my moniter. I will take it is you don't like it and I would hang it in a place of honor in my home!

Kerri
www.crazystitcher.blogspot.com

Meggie said...

Fabulous quilt!!