Sunday, August 2, 2009

Saturday was batik Rosebud day............
First I put all of the blocks up on the design wall and then I auditioned some more fabric choices to add in new blocks. The sun is coming in from the left and I don't have a light that shines on the right side of this particular wall. It is hard to get a good picture, but this was the wall that was empty to work on.
In the design process the blocks are left in quarters because of the offset layout. I made 4 new groups of quarters.
I felt it needed some more of the brighter green in it. Some of these blocks were used to fill in the half block areas on the edges. Next step is deciding how big this quilt will be. Right now it would finish at 66" x 72" if I just finish the right edge. Not a good size.
I kept seeing the fabrics laid out that are ready to sew on Wed. and couldn't resist sewing this group together.
They joined the group of beigeness and I can see they will fit in nicely.
It got down in the 50's last night, really good sleeping weather.

18 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Rosebud quilt is going to be gorgeous. You have some fabulous fabrics in that one.

Gene Black said...

I love the rosy batiks you are adding to the beige blocks.

Vicki W said...

I love the addition of the bright greens!

KateHK said...

I really enjoy your blog and your comments so please continue with them. I love the greens in the rosebud quilt!

Unknown said...

I just love the rosebud quilt! Those are some of my favorite color combinations. Just beautiful. I am looking forward to seeing how your 9-patch beige quilt works up.

Anonymous said...

I am loving the softness your biege quilt will have with the new additons . Sometimes we need a little quiet in our lives.
The additon of green ( your new neutral )in the rosebud's really perks up the colors.
Louise

Jean said...

The green is working in this quilt. I am secretly smiling about the 9 patch...

The Rabbit Factory said...

The green just adds a sparkle! Love your quilt so far!

Anonymous said...

Those 9-patches are so pretty. I love the fabrics. They do go well withthe beige.

Anonymous said...

What a nice Sunday post. Rosebud piece is going to be another stunning quilt.

I agree the warmth those rose blocks add to your "vanilla" piece's are just perfect.

J~MT

SueR said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous! That pink batik with the seeds on it is so beautiful. I'm thinking more greens is looking good. I wish we were in the 50s, but I'll settle for 60s.

Julia said...

I like the roses with the vanilla!

Millie said...

I like the soft pinks with the vanilla. Can't wait to see it.

Vicky F said...

Hi Wanda,
The rosebud quilt blocks are looking yummy. Makes me realize I "need" to collect more batik greens and pinks.
I am enjoying the cooler summer in the upper midwest this year. Still time to heat up, though!
Vicky F

Browndirtcottage said...

I swear...you are just a sewing/creative/great organizer of time...yes you are....I fall soooo behind...but I l-o-v-e your tiger lilies...I'm just saying....

Gari in AL said...

Funny that some Wednesday fabric/sewing sneeked into Sunday. I do know how that happens. LOL Your batik quilt is looking better and better.

Purple Pam said...

Beautiful batik blocks. I like the rose color you added to the beiges.

Wanda said...

Rosebud is sure looking great. Your ability to combine colors is amazing. And Vanilla with the splash of pink...oh my gosh!!! Could it be more perfect?!