Friday, August 14, 2009

Sample for the store

I had to work again yesterday.........
at the sewing machine store. The owners should have gotten home last night from their vacation. The regular girl covered extra days but needed the Thursdays off so that is where I filled in. This is the project I have been working on while I am there. I have 15 of 26 letters done.

On my list Thursday is basting or binding day so I just finished up the binding on the queen size quilt last night. I also sewed a few rows of the Vanilla 9 patch because I was afraid the blocks were going to start falling off the design wall. I sewed 4 rows and have 7 more rows down and clipped together. Friday is Strips 'n Curves day so I hope to get the border on the Christmas one. I am meeting my sisters-in-law for lunch to celebrate a birthday. I think it will be a fun day.

*******

Thanks for all of the good thoughts for my dad yesterday. I didn't get a chance to email everyone back personally but I appreciate all of your prayers and good wishes.

9 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Lovely embroidered blocks.

Unknown said...

Just caught up with the news about your dad Wanda, sounds like the ideal plan - hope all goes well

SewCalGal said...

Beautiful. Great design, great color. I can't wait to see this finished. I truly love it. It will make someone very happy.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Beena said...

Your quilt with the alphabet blocks is adorable!
Hope you get lots more done, and have fun at lunch!

Vicki W said...

How cute!

Anonymous said...

Your ABC embroidered blocks are awesome. The pattern and fabrics used to frame them are wonderful. I hope you will show us this one in particular, when finished.

J~MT

Anonymous said...

Hi Wanda,

Love the ABC blocks, can't wait to see it all put together.
Sorry to hear about your dad. I'll be praying for him.

Kay in KS

Vicky F said...

Hi Wanda,
Your ABC embroidered blocks are cute. I wonder how many people will sign up for an embroidery machine once they see these? I'm thinking quite a few will.

I like your vanilla nine-patch quilt with the bits of color in the center. It seems more attractive than the layout pictured earlier.

Good thoughts to you and your dad.
Vicky F

Gina said...

love the alphaber quilt.
Sending positive thoughts for you and your dad

Love and hugs Gina xxx