Monday, August 24, 2009

What time do I post?

I have a confession to make...............
Even though my post each day says I posted at 5 a.m. or 6 a.m. I am not really up yet. When Blogger offered Post Options a few months ago one feature was to set the time you want the post to be published. I type my post around 11 p.m each night while the day's events are still fresh in my mind. So, don't call me until after 8 a.m. LOL.
****************
I forgot to post this picture when I mentioned I had sewn some more rows of the Argyle quilt. It is important to trim the corners from the oversized setting triangles before you sew the rows together. Notice that the ruler is lined up on the 4.5" line all along the edge of the row before I trim so it will be straight.
I found 2 more boxes of flannel fabrics so I went through them and found three black background ones that might work as the outer border. The one on the left is already in the quilt. The one in the middle is left over from cutting the border for this quilt. The one on the right is kind of a combination of both of the other 2.


While I was digging I found 2 more groups of flannels that I had pulled to go together. Some of the pieces are less than 1/4 yard and others as big as a yard.
Not all of the birds that come to the feeder are brown. This is a house finch I think. Monday is borders day so I will decide which one (or ones) will get their borders today. I'm hoping to maybe get 3 of them done.

11 comments:

QuiltSue said...

ooh, there's some fabulous flannels there that just make me want to stroke them they look so soft and snuggly.

Unknown said...

Nice grouping of flannels! I think you will have one nice snugly quilt just in time for winter.

Julie Bagamary said...

I often prepost my blog also. It's a nice feature.

Beena said...

It's 8:02 in the a.m......can I call you now? (wink)

More fabulous flannels! And I love the flannel heart quilt, especially in the colors you chose!

Hope you get your borders done today!

Diane said...

I'm up at 5 AM each day, but promise not to call. The 3 black plaids would make a great border. I LOVE that second grouping of flannels!

Cheryl Arkison said...

I love that post option feature. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, mystery solved. You do get sleep. I was beginning to worry.
Are you making lap quilts with all that flannel or saving some of that stash for a bed quilt ?
Louise

Elsie Montgomery said...

I'm really glad that you get some sleep. Your production means you must not eat though! LOL.

I really like that second set too. It is so inviting and you have quite a selection of coordinates to go with the main piece.

Anonymous said...

I think your lil guy is a house finch. He looks similar to what we call a Red Poll here in the valley.

OH Wanda ~ pulling out even more flannels that are just as lovely as the first ones you posted. I am jealous of all your 'stashes'.

J~MT

p.s. good to know that you do not get up and post at 5 or 6... I was really feeling like a slacker!

Kate said...

I was WONDERING how you posted each day so early!! I'm loving all these blogger tricks I'm learning along the way!!

I want to wrap up in your flannel stash...so many luscious fabrics, I'm in love with leaf fabric with the maroon background....hmmmm makes me yearn for a snowstorm.

SueR said...

You have a mighty nice collection of flannels. I have a hodge podge of flannels and homespuns, fat quarters and leftovers, that I'm trying to find ways to use up. I used your label for flannel quilts and got a few excellent ideas!