Sunday, July 15, 2018

TAW progress and organization..............

I have the number of strips unpicked for the top left section plus the center row.  Now I can move the strips one at a time from the left edge to the right edge until I like the center (bottom right corner).



I have been wanting to organize all of my groups of blocks that haven't been sewn into a top yet.  I used my one hour to work on an old project yesterday to finally do it.  I put a label in each one with number of blocks and size plus any other info I thought I needed.
I just happened to have an empty medium size storage box to put them in.








The Rudbeckia in the back garden are just starting to open.  We got .65" rain yesterday so I expect to see a lot more open today.





I have just a couple blooming in the front garden surrounded by an invasive vine type plant that I am ever so sorry I ever planted.  It has totally taken over the front garden along with the Periwinkle Vinca.  It sends its root underground to start new plants so it is really hard to get rid of.
The Tiger Lilies in the back garden are probably going to open today.












This is the first bloom in the front garden yesterday.

8 comments:

DianeN said...

I think this Trip Around the World is going to be gorgeous. I need to implement the one hour a day minimum. Your flowers look beautiful, too.

Hedy said...

Two ‘Wow’s’ today: your top and the tiger lily. When I expand the picture and see those fabrics together, I just want to run to my stash of Kaffe fabrics and start cutting. It’s so pretty. I have some beautiful orange lilies that are very much like yours but no brown spots. I have three invasive plants in my garden. Each time I see the one at the nursery, I think there should be a warning note beside it. 😖

Vicki W said...

I love the colors in the TATW!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

my orange spotted lilies that you show last were just about finished when we got home from our trip - I enjoyed them for about one week before they started to fall apart -- love your quilt

Julie H said...

That quilt is so pretty but you must be making it even better if you are taking it apart!

Anonymous said...

Speaking of invasive plants. Chinese Paper Lantern. One year I planted two of those in my flower garden. (Think of a king size mattress for size of garden.) The next year I spent two whole days sifting through all the dirt in the whole garden to take out any bits and pieces of the Chinese Paper Lantern. I agree with Hedy that some plants should come with a warning notice. I've just started buying some Kaffe fabric in blues and I am enjoying looking at your Kaffe quilts.
deb

JJM said...

Designing this TAW has to be exciting for you. Your fabrics are delicious ! And watching you create such beautiful pieces is why I check in every day. And to see what is blooming in your gardens.

JJM

P.S. My Christmas cactus has some new leaves, first sign that it is growing. (*._.*)

Mystic Quilter said...

Fantastic fabrics in your TAW, can't wait to see the complete top. Lots of blooms on your Tiger Lily, do you have more of these plants in your garden?